Kurviger App 3.0.7 Feedback

Where does Kurviger get the altitude data from?
I have been verifying that it is very wrong and I would like to be able to do without that information since it is useless.

Direction arrows look fancy but a simple number does the job imho well. Actually the arrows are sometimes not accurate which defers me more than it helps during a ride. I think it is more worth at the moment to focus on power consumption and lagging of actual position during navigation. As soon as those are solved some more effort could be put on the direction arrows in a roundabout. Don’t get me wrong, this is no personal criticism, just my opinion about the next most important todos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your opinion doesn’t bother me at all. We are here to help where we can.
Personally, I limit myself to highlighting the aspects that I think could be improved, but I do not consider them to be the most important thing at all.
I appreciate the work that the developers of the application and the moderators of the forum are doing.

1 Like

@cero , I think you missunderstood, my comment was a reply on Toffel’s remark regarding arrows in the routing advice, not on your comment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understood. Thank you.

I think it’s from the GPS sensor. GPS altitude is not very accurate with our cheap sensors.

3 Likes

But they are fix on earth, or not? Should’t they not be taken from map-data?

To take elevation from map data you would need a map with elevation data.
OSM does not contain such data.

Edit:
It would be possible, to get elevation information from other sources.
Osmand e.g. does have a plugin for elevation data.

But IMO currently K3-team should focus their resources on other problems than getting accurate elevation data. :wink:

1 Like

Schade, danke fĂŒr die Info!

There are other cases where there were issues with the exit number. For reference, see this thread: Kreisverkehr Ausfahrten

The angle calculation currently creates more issues in my opinion, but I guess a combination of both will work best. We have this on our list and will improve this further.

This is provided by the GPS sensor in your device and calculated by your device, we simply show this information.

Yes, this would be also possible for us, right now the priority for this is not that high IMHO, it is something we can always add in the future :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

There are so many different wishes and things that are indicated as indispensable. If all of that is included then the app will never be ready. The app is already very good to use in this version so leave all the nice-to-have things for a next iteration and give attention to the things you consider important right now priority. I think the team did a great job. Applause to all of you

12 Likes

Ich musste gerade fĂŒr eine Softwareupdate zu BMW und konnte auf der Hin- und RĂŒckfahrt unter identischen Bedingungen testen.

Zwei Dinge sind mir dabei nochmals neben den bekannten Punkten aufgefallen.

1.) Der Ausgabeton ist zu leise.

2.) Es kommt vor, dass der Ton einfach mal nicht da ist und nach einer gewissen Zeit ist der Tom wieder da.

Ich habe dann auf der RĂŒckfahrt andere Apps wie TomTom und BMW Connected App getestet. Bei beiden war der Ton laut und deutlich zu hören.

Mmhh, das kann ich jetzt so nicht bestĂ€tigen. Was fĂŒr e Interkom hast du denn im Einsatz? Kannst du ĂŒber das Kontrollrad die LautstĂ€rke im TFT Modus Ă€ndern?

Des wegen schrieb ich bei identischer Bedingungen. Kurviger ist deutlich leiser als andere Navi Apps.

Ich nutze Sena und kenne mich damit sehr gut aus, wie du es ja auch von meiner Website kennst :slight_smile:

Ich habe jetzt von SENA das SRL Mesh (50er Chip Reihe) und kann ja jetzt die LautstÀrke im TFT anpassen. Seither ist es bei mir besser geworden.

47d5af7a1e10ba3cc70d84df3da14a423401b642_2_461x500

Die Engine (2) kann man auswÀhlen.
Die Stimme können per Tastendruck (1) ausgewÀhlt werden.

28bbe62722f7805ee63b958c23e33ea7a6f58741_2_232x500

78ce0cd40c1cf0e17b1dd10685308b5d06f959e6_2_454x500

Danke an @Viola fĂŒr die Screenshots.

4 Likes

Samsung und ich werde es mal mit Google testen.

Was machen die anderen Hersteller anders, das diese unter den identischen Bedingungen deutlich lauter sind?

OsmAnd und BMW nutzen auch TTS.

Don’t worry, I knew you weren’t answering me. A greeting and very grateful for the work you are doing and for allowing us to participate in its development (although sometimes we bother more than we help).

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’ve just downloaded Kurviger and used it for a very short route just to try it. Here’s a couple of things:

1. When trying to cancel my route the app would crash. It did this twice then on the third attempt it cancelled the route.
  2. The app doesn’t mention roundabouts! Here in the UK we have thousands of them. The voice instructions say something like “in 1000 feet take exit 2” but it doesn’t say that it is exit 2 from a roundabout (which all other apps do).
    Approaching another roundabout the instructions said “in 1000 feet bear slightly right” but this was actually the 2nd exit from a small roundabout which just happened to be slightly to the right of the road I was currently on.

I’ll be using the app a bit more often and see how I get on, but I do think you need to do something with roundabouts.

1 Like

Can you clarify what you did? You mean you stopped the navigation, and when stopping the app crashed?

Yes, we removed the word roundabout as our voice instructions seemed to be rather long. If you hear, something like take exit X, this is always a roundabout right now.

This is most probably an issue in OSM, if you know the location of the roundabout, it would be nice if you can share the coordinates or a short route of the roundabout. Feel free to do this in a separate thread :slight_smile:.

2 Likes