No sound or spoken instruction

During navigating no spoken instructions or sound is played. The settings are that it should give instructions and pronounce the street names.

Version 3.1.0

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: samsung - SM-G781B - Android: 13 - WebView: 114.0.5735.196
App-Version: 3.1.0 - 1331
Screen: 360 x 800 px - 3dppx

Hi, can you please check that the Text-To-Speech (TTS) settings in your phone are correct? Do you have a language installed? Do other navigation apps like Google Maps have voice output? Are all volume levels affected equally?

Text to voice languages English and Dutch are installed. Media Volume and other volumes are on 100%. Other apps and Google Maps do give voice instructions.

Take a look to this post:

It might help you to find the right settings… :wink:

Thanks! I use the Samsung TTS and I cannot change it to Google. In the post you refer to it is mentioned to install TTS Google if necessary. The Play Store does not seem to have an app called TTS Google. How can I install that app?

It is in your settings → Speech.
There is no separate app necessary.

I also use a samsung phone

Thanks for your reply. All settings are correct. However it seems that the navigation does not start because if I drive with it it does not give any instructions. I use the free version so when I click start navigation it asks to start in the follow mode, once clicked yes it looks like the navigation is starting. I see the calculated route and the arrow wich points out my current location. However it does not point out any direction and when I do not follow the calculated route its not changing the route/blue line. What could be wrong?

You answered it with this information.

Please see the feature comparison. Free version has no voice guidance and no route calculation.
The follow mode “follows” the planned route, no recalulation. Let me say so: Recalculation requires a server request, which costs money. It seems to me you need the Tourer+ for your requirements.

1 Like

I thought the follow mode can only be activated WITHOUT any loaded ROUTE @Toffel !??

I think a better description is that the follow mode shows your current location/position on the map and shows the surroundings and course of the road in front of your current direction of travel.

1 Like

Your description may be better and mine not correct. To be honest I have never tried the Follow-mode in free version. Many thanks for your good hint, I will check it.

Just tried. Looks like this. Nevertheless, no sound in free version.

Ok thanks all for your reactions! Problem solved.