Chrome Windows 10 Waypoint & Viapoint Naming & Distances fault May 2023

Seems to be an error or change in function in the Browser. A few weeks ago when clicking on a Way Point or Via Point the screen would show data about that point, the distance to previous and the next and allow the point to be renamed.

Image attached

Now example shows when I click on (13) the name of 11 is still displayed top left “04 Lakes Entrance after Night Sail”

In order for me to name (13) I have to return to Route Planning screen and select 13 again.

Also 13 to 14 is 300k not 156 as shown “156km / 3h 11 min” - those distances are not rolling forwards or backwards in sync with chosen Nav points.

This has only happened in the last few weeks.

Thanks in advance
GC

Showing13 to14 to15 with 13 selected

So that we can reconstruct the error, it would be great if you could share your route with us.

I’ve changed the route a little but the same behaviour is occurring. It is getting really hard to calculate distances without saving the route and then clicking on a waypoint and then doing the same for each one.

This link should show that distances are not be rolled over between waypoints & shaping points.

GC

hmmm… it works for me.
Everything seems to be in order. Maybe it would help if you cleared the cache once.

1 Like

Will do and I’ll reboot as I’ve just noticed an issue with another browser app.

Report back soon

Cache clear makes no difference.

In the example you posted back if you click on 12 do the distances underlined change or stay the same each time you roll forward ?

Ah … ok. I thought the main problem was the waypoint number with the name assignment.

However, I do not understand what you mean exactly… There is a difference of 126 km between WP 10 and WP 11, and 96.73 km between WP 11 and WP 12. This seems to be correct.

Can you explain the problem in more detail…

True. Now click on 12 to make it the centre point with 11 to the left and 13 to the right - the distance are not changing for me.

This is new behaviour in the last 10 days. The new Point will come into focus on the map but the distance remain as per the first loaded set.

and now I’m getting some abnormal labelling 222km_abbr/ - like a partial HTML tag

I’ll try a reboot

These are my results.

Please empty the cache with CTRL + R …

Ok, thanks for the support as it is now working well.

A Cache clean was done and it was not sufficient.

I did a Shut Down / Restart which included a minor Windows 10 update and now service appears to have returned to normal.

Thanks

So the same behaviour is happening again after I loaded a route to tune up a few stops.

This time when I moved the first Viapoint to a new location I get an error that suggests I am no longer a Kurviger Tourer subscriber

I have log out and back in multiple times

I have also run the Kurviger Error Diagnostic

Is Kurviger in a Chrome Browser on Windows 10 capable of running multiple instance, that is I have 3 routes being planned ?

GC

Now when I switch to English language I get a

might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

Note on my iPad this is all working OK. So I may have an issue with Chrome

Chrome is up to date Version 113.0.5672.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I also work with Chrome and everthing is alright. I can also choose every language as well.

@boldtrn Your help is required

I will try another laptop as it seems to be a localized incident

I have tried on an older laptop and the behavior of NOT updating the Distances or Waypoint names is still happening. Also the distances do not show

Again on my iPad it is fine in Chrome

It seems that the website is not completely loaded - like seen in another thread:

Yes, this should work fine, if you clear the cache through diagnostics it can be that you have to close all tabs of Kurviger first.

Just to clarify, this is “CTRL + Shift + R”, CTRL+R is a reload, with Shift it will clear some local caches.

This screenshot is a bit weird, Kurviger is translated to Curvy, have you enabled the automatic translation feature of Google Chrome? If yes, can you disable it to see if it fixes the issue?

1 Like