Wrong time calculations

@JerryG

I have moved your topic to this existing post. Have a look at the last entries… maybe they already help you further … :wink:

Here something of the different Factors.
A Small Road outside of citys. Allowed are 100km/h
Tthere are some spezial regulations with 60 km/h at this route
And most will drive about the speed is allowed and get about 75 km/h
ok now the same class of Road in the Alps.
Allowed 90km/h (Italy).
Most of the drivers will get about 35 km/h. the fast ones about 65 km/h and beginners about 25km/h.

kurviger do not know the special regulations anf not how you drive.

It is allways better to bet a later arrivel calculated then bei late!

To get a good Time?
That is one Thing you havr to think for your own!

Thank you.

For the record - to avoid the previous discussion re 10% - I consider the 25% variance I mention in my post above as close enough given the uncertainties involved. The only reason I posted this query was because in this case the Kurviger estimate was 2.7x the GM estimate which is close to the normal time I would ride that route.

Interesting, I just checked the route and Kurviger shows me 1:27, maybe there were some changes in OSM already? Half of the route has no speeds limits, so this can influence the ETA calculation, I will keep this route as a reference, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m also getting 1:27 now - four different ways:

• I selected my original link on my phone and it opens in Beta Kurviger app: 1:27.
  • I copied my original link on my phone and pasted it in my phone’s Chrome app: 1:27.
  • I selected my original link on my computer and it opens in the Kurviger website in Chrome: 1:27.
  • I copy my original link on my computer and paste in my computer’s Chrome: 1:27

Yet, I wasn’t imagining this; below is the screenshot when I got the 2:13 and checked it with Google Maps getting the 0:49. I just now noticed in the screenshot that Kurviger’s distance is showing 45.23 miles whereas Google’s distance is only showing 25.3 miles. Given how many times I’ve ridden this route, I’m sure the 25.3 miles is correct.

1 Like

Actually your screenshot looks kind of broken. I am not sure what happened, but this is how it looks for me:

You screenshot shows miles twice and only elevation up, but not down. Might be something was broken and the display was not properly updated?

To be precise, the screenshot’s not broken, what Kurviger displayed was broken when I captured the screenshot. So far, this appears to be a one-time anomaly, so it is probably not worth considering further unless it happens again.

1 Like

Tested today:

Start at 8:01 in the morning, calculated arrival time 12:37 after 373 km

after 3,5h hours recalculated arrival time at 12:33, so 4 minutes won.

• 1 short pause at filling station of 4 Minutes. For me the calculation is best good.
  • 80% highway
  • 20% other

3 Likes