KTM MyRide

KTM kann in seinem Dashboard mit seiner Hauseigenen Point-to-Point App MyRide Navi-Angaben auf dem Display anzeigen.
Mit der App “ Turn-by-Turn navigation for KTM motorcycles“ (Diese App liest die Turn-by-Turn-Navigationsbenachrichtigungen Ihres Telefons und sendet sie über Bluetooth an Ihr KTM-Motorrad, das sie im Dashboard anzeigt. Dies hat den Vorteil, dass Sie Ihre bevorzugte leistungsstarke Kartenanwendung verwenden können, ohne Karten auf Ihr Telefon herunterladen oder sich an eine neue Karten-App gewöhnen zu müssen.) geht das auch mit „Google Maps“ und auch mit „OsmAnd“.
Leider geht das mit „Kurviger“ und anderen nicht. Für Kurviger und seine Nutzer wäre das sicher ein erheblicher Vorteil und sicher nicht schwer zu realisieren.
Vielleicht eine gute Anregung.

3 Likes

Generally I would find it very interesting if kurviger would be compatible with the displays of the various manufacturers. I have seen that the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) is compatible with Sygic.
Still I have no so modern speedometer but that can still come.
But can also imagine that the integration is not so easy and also the motorcycle manufacturer must cooperate.

Es existiert ja bereits eine APP für die Kommunikation. Osmand und Google Maps funktionieren ja.
Nach meinem Verständnis hat der Entwickler die App so konstruiert. Ich bin Laie, denke aber aber dass man die Anweisungen so ausgeben muss wie Google Maps.
Vielleicht mal mit dem Entwickler sprechen. Der klingt recht offen…

I would also opt for such a feature. It would definitely be nice to re-use the large screen of the bike. Using the bike’s display also means you can turn off the screen of the phone and reduce the overall power consumption (and charging requirements). Finally, the phone could also be stashed away in the jacket or in a compartment of the bike instead of using a separate mount.

To name a few advantages … :wink:

Hi everyone

I would also appreciate very much if the kurviger pro app had the option of sending the navigation instructions as notifications to any Bluetooth device (e.g. the dashboard of a ktm motorcycle), if necessary also via a 3rd party app such as Turn- by-turn navigation for KTM.

Google Maps offers this function by default in order to communicate with Android auto. Unfortunately, you cannot create beautiful routes with Google Maps or import them from kurviger gpx in order to drive them.

In my opinion, the turn-by-turn navigation is already included in the kurviger app, which means that the programming effort is kept within limits? You can work very well with the programmer of the app, which, by the way, works extremely well.

it’s about the following app (Android)

the original contribution to the publication of the app comes from the advrider(dot)com forum

https://advrider.com/f/threads/free-turn-by-turn-navigation-android-app-alternative-to-myride.1443085/

I could imagine that the implementation of this function will appeal to a large number of ktm drivers!

Thanks!

Sounds nice.

Provide the navigation instructions also as notifications is already in my list.

Then according to your descriptions,
the app mentioned above can do the communication with the motorcycle device.

1 Like

NICE :+1:

when will the next update be available?

Thank you very much!

Hey, finde ich auch Klasse. werde ich bei der Inspektion gleich mal freischalten lassen.
Sonst hätte ich das nicht gebraucht.

Navigation notifications are available in Kurviger 2.2.1 (Beta).

1 Like

We cannot know how every app / motorcycle works.
Kurviger just displays normal Android notifications.

The 3rd party app may need to enable the reading of Kurviger.
If changes are needed, app author and someone with the device must inform us.

You can contact its developer:
Google Play displays the app email and developer participates in another forum.

Just tried: I can confirm it works with Google Maps on a KTM 1290 SAS, but not with Kurviger. I don’t know how to reach the developer. If so I would do it. The difference seems to be that Google Maps puts the notification on top of every other notification and Kurviger places it on the end. Could this be the reason why it is not working?

According to the description in the app " Turn-by-Turn navigation for KTM motorcycles" it should work with any map application
“This has the advantage that you can use your favorite powerful map application without having to download any maps to your phone or having to get used to a new mapping app.”

Ich denke, das ist die richtige Adresse

Entwickler

Already tried to get in contact with the author via different methods (Google play store, adv Forum, KTM Forum).
No reaction at all :man_shrugging:

Like @Tom already mentioned, I was the same opinion, that this 3rd party app could be used with any notifications (because of the app description)

Well, I assume that you can exclude any errors in the kurviger app?

Btw. this 3rd party app is also working with Osmand.

In the forum they mention:

“It still only supports google maps (and text only support for osmand but haven’t tested in a while).”

Ich habe ihn gerade per Mail angeschrieben.
Mal sehen…

Er hat schon geantwortet und wird es sich anschauen…

@Goran: Lösch bitte oben die angegebene Adresse des Entwicklers. Ist schon schlimm genug, dass die Mailadresse für Bots lesbar geschrieben ist (undingen+app (äd) gmail (Punkt) com wäre besser)
Aber die Anschrift ins Internet stellen geht gar nicht!

1 Like

Hallo “G-B”: Was meinst Du denn, wo die Adresse her ist?