App: Navigation notifications

Provide the navigation instructions also as notifications.

They can be useful with external screen devices.

1 Like

You may find it strange and unnecessary, but if they contained distance and time of arrival data, it would settle the matter of transferring this data to Tasker (and further into the world)! If so, then I am in favor of that option :+1:

I second for Tasker integration :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Navigation notifications have been on Cruiser platform from the start,
when I first wrote the navigation modules.

In the past they worked with some smartwatches and external devices.

They are disabled because of the needed background notification
and as no one asked for them. :slight_smile:

I will review my code and see how they can be displayed again.

2 Likes

Preview:

• Next distance • Next instruction
  • Next instruction with street name
  • Distance • Duration • ETA • Speed (destination)
  • Distance • Duration • ETA (next waypoint)

When being off route, it displays the Direction + Distance to the route.

3 Likes

Do I understand correctly that the notifications from the smartphone can then also be shown on the displays of modern bikes?

This will probably need a 3rd party app to read the Android notifications and send them to the motorcycle. Each motorcycle display works differently.

See here:

1 Like

When is this feature available in Kurviger and how to activate?

A good option to connect the phone once again with the 1290 SAS. So far I had not used the bike connection any more, because there were constantly Bluetooth problems (after the break, the announcements came out regularly on the wrong channel, because the phone was also connected in parallel to the Sena device). The same applies to the GS, there it also does not work properly. And I can’t do without the direct connection between smartphone and Sena, because I also have motorcycles without modern displays.

It will be available as an option in the next version of Kurviger 2.

1 Like

Available in Kurviger 2.2.1 (Beta).

Question about this: If the app now displays the notification in 2km right turn and I continue driving. Does the notification then continue to count down the distance?
If so, question for the riders with smartphone connectivity on the bike. How is something like this shown on the motorbike display?
And when I reach 1km or 300m, is there a new notification or does the old one continue?

The navigation notification is continuously updated as the user’s location is updated.
(with the data mentioned above)

You can test it in navigation simulation.

1 Like

It looks great! Thank you! The only thing I miss is the ability to define whether the time and distance data should refer to the nearest via point or to the destination - regardless of the data shown on the panel.
So, for example, on the panel I can see the distance and time of arrival to the next point on the route, but the notification informs about the distance and time to the destination.
I hope that you will not find it an unnecessary complication because it would require additional settings, the excess of which, as I know, you do not like :slight_smile:

Navigation notifications use the same options with the navigation screen.
Or they could always use only the default: distance / time to destination.

The question is why need the notifications when using the app’s navigation screen.
(their content is hidden on device screen)

For me it would be absolutely the best solution! :+1:

In my case, to be able to use this data in automation (my beloved Tasker). I described it in detail here: Tasker support (plugin). In this topic, I also explain why in the notification I would only expect distance/time to the destination point.

BTW: Currently, I have configured my automation to send notifications about the progress of my trip to a group in Telegram. It works quite well. :smiley:

What could be done is to include the distance / time for both destination / waypoint.
(as duration + ETA appear together)

Do I understand correctly that if there was a via point, two distances and two times would be given, but if there is no via point, then only one time and only one distance?

If so, it could make it difficult to automatically distinguish which data is which…

It can be in separate rows:

• Distance • Duration • ETA • Speed
    (for destination)
  • Distance • Duration • ETA
    (for waypoint, if exists)
1 Like

Great! Tasker should deal with this just to read only the first row. If it fails, I’ll worry later :smiley: Thanks again!

Hi

I found two issues related to notifications

1. it is constantly notified. my phone rings all the time while navigating. If I mute notifications, I don’t get any more of them. it looks like the routing and thus the notification is updated several times a second. Is it wanted like that?

2. Unfortunately, the notifications are not sent to the 3rd party app used (turn-by-turn navigation for KTM). whereas the Google Maps notifications are picked up properly. are there different types of notifications on google maps and kurviger? does the 3rd party app have to be reprogrammed to receive the notifications from kurviger? Thank you!

Hallo

ich habe zwei Probleme im Zusammenhang mit Benachrichtigungen herausgefunden

1. es wird permanent benachrichtigt. mein Telefon klingelt die ganze Zeit während der navigation. wenn ich Benachrichtigungen auf stumm schalte, bekomme ich davon nichts mehr mit. es sieht so aus, als das das Routing und somit auch die Benachrichtigung also mehrmals in der Sekunde aktualisiert wird. ist das so gewollt?

2. die Benachrichtigungen werden leider nicht an die verwendete 3rd party App (turn-by-turn Navigation for KTM). wohingegen die Benachrichtigungen von Google Maps ordnungsgemäß aufgenommen werden. gibt es hier unterschiedliche Arten von Benachrichtigungen bei Google Maps und kurviger? muss die 3rd party App eventuell umprogrammiert werden um die Benachrichtigungen von kurviger zu empfangen?

Danke!