Favoriten lassen sich nicht speichern

Es sollte technisch nahezu identisch sein. Es wurde jetzt ja schon mehrfach erwähnt, aber gerade PiHole, VPN, Adblock, Firewall, verbieten gern Zugriff auf gewisse URLs wenn diese ein gewisses Muster haben. Adblock blockiert gern mal alles wo irgendwo im Namen was mit Ads vorkommt. Da gibt es ja verschiedene “Block-Listen” die man auswählen kann. Das kommen manchmal komische Effekte zustande.

2 Likes

Hallo,

wenn ich den Private Modus im Browser aktiviere kann ich Favoriten speichern.
Im “normalen” Modus nicht.
Routen können in beiden Modi gespeichert werden.
Unabhängig von den Virenscannern die auf beiden Laptops installiert sind, beides unterschiedliche.

Auf beiden Laptops sind die aktuellen Versionen vom Chrome & Edge installiert.

Hilft das weiter?

Gruß Kai

2 Likes

Irre, das hat genau 1 mal geklappt.

Mein Top-Verdächtiger wäre die AV-Software, insbesondere deren Firewall / Webschutz.

Es ist nun schon mehrfach gesagt worden, dass der Übertäter ein Blocker sein könnte und es kristallisiert sich ja auch immer mehr heraus.

Es hilft nicht weiter, das Problem immer nur hin und her zu wälzen… sondern werde bitte aktiv und deaktiviere dies nun. Teste 2-3 mal… so daß evtl. die Blocker als Problemfänger ausgeschlossen werden können.

1 Like

Hi Kurviger community!

I am a newcomer, so I hope I did not miss something obvious.

I would like to save some POI to my Favorite to prepare them to be exported with a route I am preparing. Therefore I click on the POI, click on the star icon “Save as Favorite” and then click the Save button.

The button then goes in processing forever and never saves the POI. Is this a bug or a documented feature :grimacing: ?

In a previous topic Saving POI as Favorite an issue in the same process with an explicit error message was reported and solved apparently.

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Welcome Serge,
An other user had same problem a few days before.
Ot is always a problem with plugin or firewall.
If you can save POI in private mode, one of yr plugins is the problem. Please check out.
Cheers

@Nomudelos

I have moved your post here. Take a look at the previous suggestions for solving the problem in this post.

Hello there!

I am really sorry not to speak German, the Kurviger that would ease me to connect with the Kurviger community which I just joined but which seems to be very nice!

So I seem to live the exact same situation than the one describe above. @OWL-Biker are you also able to save your own POI like a charm provided that they are not pre-existing ones?

A bit more on my own experience, starting with my config:

OSM date stamp: 28/02/2024
Debug information:
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0
Cookies Enabled: true
Screen: 1920 x 1080 px - 1dppx

And my last experiment: started Firefox with all addons and extension disabled

Then the time it takes to save the POI is finite (still ~10s)

But the POI is actually not saved which seems to match experience previously described.

I believe we can definitely discard the adblocker/extension route.

We need to investigate the system environment route, as like OWL-Biker, I am currently accessing with an entreprise laptop.

Gruß

Enterprise Computer is probably not the best environment.
There might be all sorts of VPN, firewall, anti-virus, or other restrictions in place.

1 Like

No more luck in a vanilla home computer:
OSM date stamp: 02/03/2024
Debug information:
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0
Cookies Enabled: true
Screen: 1536 x 864 px - 1.25dppx

Exact same behaviour :disappointed_relieved:
The given laptop is brain new and has very few applications configuration installed. I tested still in Firefox with addons fully disabled AND the Norton AV & Firewall disabled. No luck, existing POI would not save.

Any specific idea for additional testing ?

Dank im Voraus

Serge

Hi. I have seen or read any comment, that it was tested from a smartphone and/or tablet with the installed app though we asked for it (also here: any ad-/dns blocker to be disabled). Hopefully not overseen … would be nice you can check this. Also check for LAN, mobile connection.

Idea: Is it an issue with the account or device specific or website specific.

Another idea: can you remember to have saved anything with special characters …

1. Try to start your PC in “save mode” with networking
    this should (hopefully) deactivate Norton
  2. Try Firefox in “private mode”
    this should deactivate any browser plugins.

Thanks for pushing me to test further @Toffel and @linux-user, lots of progress:

• From the Kurviger App, saving an existing POI to my favorite folder worked like a charm
  • From my (old) Linux box, connected to my home LAN, worked like a charm too
  • From my incriminated laptop connected to the WiFi provided by my smartphone hotspot, worked like a charm
  • From my incriminated laptop connected to my home LAN, it works too.

Temporary conclusion I am drawing at this point in time: it is NOT my Kurviger account, it is NOT my laptop browser config nor the general firewall config on the laptop. I’ll investigate further the home WiFi config that must somehow block traffic. More in the coming days :hourglass_flowing_sand: :date:

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

I need to complement my recent post with the following odd finding: I could save an existing POI in my favorite with the configuration that did not work before: laptop connected to home WiFi. :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Just wondered myself, what combination is not working. :smile: Sounds all combinations are working now? Perhaps something has been corrected in the meantime by the devs.

Edit:
I could reproduce and make an internal note to the devs. It seems to be an issue with first created folder. Create as workaround a second folder for favorites.

2 Likes

I can confirm that.
After another folder has been created, the favorites can be saved.

So it has NOTHING to do with any add blockers.

4 Likes

Thanks, we can reproduce this issue and are preparing a fix for this. Thanks for reporting this, we will keep you updated.

2 Likes

Thanks again for reporting this issue and thanks for @Toffel for providing a reproducible example. Please let us know if the issue is fixed for you as well or if something is still not working as expectted.

3 Likes

This was fast! From my side no issues anymore. Many thanks!
Also many thanks from me to @OWL-Biker for your patience and @Nomudelos for excellent testing.

4 Likes