[Discontinued] Kurviger app

Genau so wie früher " Motorplaner"

@ boldtrn
@ devemux86

if Google is not mistaken, Kurviger Pro and Cruise have 10000+ downloads each. That’s not very much. If you need to develop a new APP with a scope of 10k users and a perspective of 10€ you won’t be capable of writing a new APP from scratch with this little money. From an economical point of view, it is absolutely reasonable, combining these 2 APPs into one!
Go and sort out your internal differences and create a useful solution for your customers and don’t behave like Kindergarden

4 Likes

Hallo @boldtrn.

Vielen Dank für deine Antworten hier im Forum. Ich denke du hast einigen, auch mir, die größten Sorgen genommen. Ich werde der Website treu bleiben und freue mich auf das was noch kommt. Ich bin bis jetzt mit Kurviger immer (meistens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) gut gefahren und denke dass dies auch in Zukunft so sein wird. Ich warte also mal ab, was da im nächsten Jahr kommt. Bis dahin wünsche ich euch eine erfolgreiche Zeit.

Gruß, Nico

3 Likes

That’s what i’m looking for! Thanks for you commitment!

1 Like

@boldtrn

Danke für deine Klarstellungen und mir war klar, dass Kurviger weiter geht, denn das Web Portal ist das Beste das ich kenne.

Ich bin sehr gespannt und freue mich sehr auf die neue App, die bald kommen wird und ich bin mir sicher, dass diese noch besser wird und voll integriert in das Webportal sein wird.

Thanks for your clarifications and it was clear to me that Kurviger is going on because the web portal is the best I know.

I am very excited and looking forward to the new app coming soon and I am sure it will be even better and fully integrated with the web portal.

3 Likes

Als Nutzer der ersten Stunde der Kurviger App bin ich auch sehr enttäuscht, dass die App bald nicht mehr existieren wird. Von der einfachen Sonntags- und Feierabendrunde bis hin zu Motorradtouren quer durch Europa war die App stets ein treuer und zuverlässiger Begleiter. Der direkte Kontakt zu den Entwicklern im Forum hat die Anwendung über die Jahre zu einem maßgeschneiderten Produkt reifen lassen, das meiner Meinung nach auch nicht kompliziert oder überladen rüber kommt. In Verbindung mit der Zeitschrift “Motorradstrassen” (ehemals “MotorradFreizeit”), die zu den beschriebenen Touren die Kurviger Tourcodes abdruckt, war es für mich einfach perfekt. Einer der Entwickler war übrigens vor ca. 2 Jahren mit einem eigenen Artikel über Kurviger in der Zeitschrift vertreten.
Ich hoffe, der Nachfolger der Kurviger App wird mit ähnlichen Funktionen aufwarten und besser mit der Web-Anwendung kommunizieren. Es wäre schade, wenn all der Hirnschmalz (auch der des Forums) verloren gehen würde. Kurviger war/ist für mich der Vorreiter bei der Motorrad-Smartphone-Navigation und hat sich zur Konkurrenz einen Vorsprung erarbeitet. Setzt das bitte nicht auf’s Spiel. Ich bin auch gerne dazu bereit, mehr für die App zu zahlen. Hervorragende Arbeit soll auch angemessen und fair entlohnt werden! Wir haben für die 10 Euro pro Jahr mehr bekommen, als die paar Kröten Wert sind. Das sollte sich jeder vor Augen führen.

Die linke zum Gruß :v:t2:
Urpilsius

8 Likes

Kurviger 2 has 100000+ downloads.
But I don’t know how many subscriptions

So I take it that the Kurviger-Team doesn’t even get the code from the developer to continue development, but he just kicks us all in the butt? That’s very certainly NOT nice.

I desperately hope the Kurviger team can come up with something like the Kurviger app before May, when my subscription runs out. I’m running Kurviger on all my tours, and I’m storing all tour data in kurviger format. I agree with others in this thread, I have a hard time trusting Cruiser after this fiasco.

Another reason why I develop open source software only. Bus factor - Wikipedia

1 Like

Puhhh…today at midday I was so shocked that I had to ride motorcycle for the whole day. :smile:Meanwhile, I’ve overcome the shock slightly due to the answers of @boldtrn .
I’m excited about the new beginning and I’m also kind of looking forward to it. Every new beginning is also a chance!
I must admit that I have been spying again last week at the motorcycle app navigation market leader(?). Somehow the desire for a downsizing of the kurviger app arose in me.
@boldtrn I really think the new app should be kept a bit simpler and not give the user too many setting options. A clear setup with 2-3 color options and about 3 displays that the user can choose (arrival time/distance remaining/time/…). The most important thing is the navigation, with which I was mostly really satisfied.
Good luck!

1 Like

@boldtrn:

Also from my side a BIG ‘thank you’ for your explanations and for your commitment to build a new app. I will also gladly wait for it and I will also gladly pay a correspondingly higher fee for your services!

Also I would like to agree with some pre-posters. The current Kurviger app was already pretty good, but became TOO extensive for me (personally) over the last years. I also liked at the beginning just the approach keep it simple stupid. Unfortunately, there was nothing left of that lately and I struggled with the app for quite some time until it did what I wanted (or more precisely, until it stopped doing what I didn’t want/need either).

Furthermore… if you start development now. I BEG YOU to make the app in a way that you can easily run and install/purchase it on Google-free phones. This topic was unfortunately never a factual discussion possible with devemux.

Again, thank you all (including devemux!) for all the work done over the last years. Kurviger gave (and will give me) a pretty good time on my bike.

2 Likes

Nach dem grossen Schock beruhigten mich Robins Worte etwas. Ich schaute mir die cruiser-app an, die fast eine Kopie der kurviger-app ist. Fast, denn es fehlen die Optionen und Vermeidungen, eine wesentliche Funktion. Das Teilen funktioniert nicht, eine für mich wichtige Funktion, nur der export der gpx-Datei geht. Auch das Kartenmaterial sieht nicht so gut aus. Das war aber nur ein erster Eindruck.

1 Like

THANK YOU.

Guys you did an amazing job, I’ll have a look to the alternative you are working on.
I’ll miss this app :frowning:

Ich habe einfach das Kartenmaterial auf meinem Handy ausgewählt was ich auch in der kurviger App nutze als ich mir gestern die App in der kostenfreien Version angeschaut habe. Würde auch laufen.

Wir warten jetzt einfach ab was kommt. Für mich persönlich ist es eben echt ein Schlag ins Gesicht, da ich in der Saison 2020 viele Apps getestet habe und dann in Kurviger die Lösung gefunden hatte. Ich habe überall in Foren und bei Freunden Werbung für die Internetseite und die App gemacht.

Die BMW APP und der Navigator konnten durch die App eben perfekt ersetzt werden.

Für mich war eben auch wichtig, dass ich an meiner GS mit dem WunderlinQ die App bedienen kann.

1 Like

Sad and actually a bit annoyed to hear :frowning:

Kurviger was by far the best app for the purpose I have found so far.

What is, in your words, the differences between Kurviger and Cruiser. Just another name, or…?

Does the money I would have to pay for cruiser go into the same pockets, as the money I paid for Kurviger app and website?

1 Kurviger app is a derivate of cruiser app specifically tuned for motorcycling, with the use of Kurviger routing algorithm.

2a Both apps are developed and owend by @devemux86 . So the money for the apps should go to @devemux86

2b The website and kurviger routing algorithm is developed and owned by @boldtrn .
So the money for tourer should go to Robin.

1 Like

That’s great news, and also that you plan to continue this project. I must admit that I fully rely on Kurviger since a couple of years now, and it guided my more than 30ks of kilometers always with joy.

Btw., for the time being, I re-installed the good old Kurviger Pro, which I purchased before Kurviger 2 came out. It’s a bit simpler than Kurviger 2, but it does pretty much everything I need anyway.

Given Kurviger Pro wasn’t subscription-based, this will get me beyond the end of my subscription, Maybe that’s an option for other’s here, too. And this gives the Kurviger team more time to come up with an alternative.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your support and trust!

Genau, das war ich. Die Kooperation mit Motorradstrassen läuft auch wie gewohnt weiter.

Genau das ist der Plan :slight_smile:.

The new app will be available by the end of the year, I will be providing more details on this soon. But there will be no gap. I am certain that you will be able to use the new app by May :slight_smile:.

Yes, we are planning to keep things simple. So :+1: from my side.

12 Likes

[DE] Die app einfach zu halten, mag verlockend sein. Aber sie nach seinen Bedürfnissen und Vorlieben einstellen zu können, macht sie auch sehr reizvoll. Wer keine Lust hat, alles möglich einstellen zu müssen, sollte mit Standardprofilen hervorragend planen und navigieren können. Können, aber nicht müssen, sollte die Devise sein.
Mein Motorrad hat mehrere Fahrmodi (Rain, Gravel, Urban, Tour, etc), einer davon ist der User-Mode, der sich frei konfigurieren lässt. Einmal eingestellt, ist das mein Standard-Modus geworden.

Also: Einfachheit bedeutet für mich nicht der Verzicht auf Funktionen, wohl aber gute Verständlichkeit und Logik.

[EN] Keeping the app simple may be tempting. But being able to set it according to one’s needs and preferences also makes it very appealing. If you don’t feel like having to set everything possible, standard profiles should be great for planning and navigating. Can, but don’t have to, should be the motto.
My bike has several riding modes (Rain, Gravel, Urban, Tour, etc), one of which is User Mode, which can be freely configured. Once set, that has become my default mode.

So: Simplicity for me does not mean the abandonment of functions, but good comprehensibility and logic.

5 Likes

Bei neugestaltung der app wäre halt nett die Routenneuberechnung ohne Internetverbindung zu ermöglichen…
Aber widerspricht meinem eigenen Posting die app möglichst einfach zu gestalten um den Aufwand für dem Gestalter der app nicht zu groß zu werden lassen :thinking:

2 Likes