Avoid citys and "speedlimit < 50"

Is there a possibility to avoid city’s and roads with speedlimit below 50 ?

I’ve noticed that Kurviger routes me through a lot of small villages where the speedlimit is 50 or 30.
I would like to avoid this. So is there already a feature to avoid city’s ?

Cities are avoided by default for all 3 curvy modes, with extra curvy having the strongest avoidance.

Could you please share some examples?

1 Like

From a first gut feeling I agree with the premise of the question. Also I sometimes feel like “extra curvy” prefers roads without speed limits set at all. But that could be selection bias cause it tends to find more rural roads, where the OSM data may not be perfect.

In Switzerland I felt like the “curvy” algorithm makes quite reasonable choices and leaves the cities quite soon.
In Poland we went through a shitton of 50 roads, but that might be because of the country’s road characteristics itself.

I will bookmark this thread and try to report some 30 examples if I find some!

Hi there, now it is September 22 and the Problem is still alive.
I got the Problem actually at Andorra due to no roaming I am navigating with offline mode. at hell you pass evvery little city and the trucks you passed 25km before are in front of you again. I added a tread maybe someone (admin) may now have a solution.

If you mean BRouter offline (re)routing: “offline route calculations use the fastest route (no curvy routing available, limited support for avoidances)”.

Until Kurviger offline routing is implemented and as mentioned in offline routing guide,
you can try to customize the BRouter profiles:

Ich würde die Netzclub SIM nehmen. 300Mb frei alle 4Wochen,dannach mit 62Kb weiter.Das reicht.
Ich war letztes Jahr in Spanien unterwegs.Nachdem die 300Mb verbraucht waren gings mit der langsamen Datenübertragungsrate problemlos weiter!Kurviger verbraucht sehr wenig Daten.
Roaminggebühren gibts EU weit nicht mehr!
Die Offlineberechnung mit dem Brouter ist bei weitem nicht so gut wie die Onlineberechnung!
—Mist ,ich habe übersehen daß Andorra gar nicht zur EU gehört—
Einfach vorherPlanen und die Routenneuberechnung ausschalten.
Andorra ist ja nicht gerade groß.Wobei ich bezweifle daß man dort viele Ausweichsmöglichkeiten hat.

2 Likes