[App] Preview to the new Kurviger App | Vorschau auf die neue Kurviger App

Zuerst einmal: meine Hochachtung an @boldtrn und @Patrick dafür, dass ihr so schnell mit der ersten Beta-Version auf den Markt gekommen seid!

Habe mir die App gestern gleich installiert…

UI und Bedienung sehr übersichtlich/problemlos, das Ein- und Ausblenden der Wegpunktliste mit den Pfeil-Buttons finde ich sehr gelungen (besser als die “Wischerei” beim Marktbegleiter).

Heute auf dem Weg zur Arbeit (mit dem Auto) hab ich sie das erste Mal ausprobiert.

Wegpunkte setzen geht, Wegpunkte ändern hat ein paar kleinere flaws (nach Klick auf einen Shaping Point bleibt z.B. dessen - vergrößertes - Symbol immer eingeblendet, auch wenn man ihn versetzt hat).

Allerdings: nach Planen der Route und einem Klick auf “Navigation starten” PASSIERT ABSOLUT NICHTS nachdem man losgefahren ist!?! Der aktuelle Standort wird nicht aktualisiert, die Karte wird nicht aktualisiert, Sprachansagen kommen keine, sonstige Einblendungen (Wegpfeile etc.) sind ebenfalls WEG.

Woran könnte das liegen?

WAS ich getan habe, ich habe die App zu Hause im WLAN geöffnet und die Route dort geplant, danach am Weg zum Auto auf Mobile Daten umgeschaltet. Könnte es da irgendein Problem geben???

Was soll/kann ich probieren um potentielle Fehler weiter einzugrenzen?

I was so much in love with the previous app. It had the possibility of showing lots of infomation, unlike Google maps, TomTom e.t.c.

Google Photos

The look of it and the informations was an important factor in using Kurviger, instead of planning in e.g. TomTom.

The new beta app is just another glass of water - same looks as any other navigation app.

Having loved using Kurviger for years, I am preparing myself mentally that this might come to an end.

Best Regards
Steen

4 Likes

@Steen_Thomasberg you have to give the programmers time. After 2 months the result is already top. I myself work in the sales department of a software company and just quickly program something is not possible. The way looks great and the functions as in the old app will certainly come back. Alone that you can now save the tour in a cloud on the web and start / load it on your phone is already a milestone.

@Steen_Thomasberg du mußt den Programmierern schon Zeit geben. Nach 2.Monaten das Ergebnis ist schon Top. Ich arbeite selbst im Vertrieb einer Software Firma und eben schnell mal was programmieren geht nun mal nicht. Der Weg sieht schon mal super aus und die Funktionen wie in der alten App werden bestimmt auch wieder kommen. Allein, dass man jetzt im Web in einer Cloud die Tour speichert und diese jetzt am Handy starten / laden kann ist doch schon ein Meilenstein.

3 Likes

I have installed this new Kurviger and it seems to be an exact copy of the web app which is more for route planning than navigation, there is a lot of information missing on the screen to be able to enjoy the trip knowing where you are and where you are going.

I understand that this is a very early beta and that it will improve over time to have at least everything that Kurviger 2 has.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback / Vielen Dank für euer Feedback.

Ja genau, es fehlen schon noch diverse Dinge, daher ist die aktuelle Version auch als Beta veröffentlicht worden, da noch nicht alles funktioniert.

Falls du einen expliziten Verbesserungsvorschlag hast, gib gern Bescheid, wir haben aber auch noch viel vor :slight_smile:.

Die Integration von Fernbedienungen ist geplant, ja. Das wird auch nochmal hier erwähnt.

If you mean GPS recording / tracking, yes this is planned, it mentioned relatively far down in the list (the order is not related to priority BTW :slight_smile:).

Currently, offline maps only work in the navigation, for the route planning we only have a cache that stores some maps you recently worked with. It’s planned that offline maps also work for the route planning. Offline maps currently work with “Kurviger Liberty”, “Kurviger OSM”, and the dark style.

Komisch, passiert das regelmäßig oder ist das nur einmalig passiert?

Wir hatten in den Vorabtests bei einem User ein ähnliches Problem, dabei hat es sich um ein Modell von OnePlus gehandelt. Wir fragen bei der Navigation die GPS Position vom Android System an, aus irgendeinem Grund hat in diesem Fall das Gerät keine Positions Updates und keine genaue Position geschickt. Wir haben 1-2 Vermutung woran das liegen kann. Wenn du z.B. parallel Google Maps oder z.B. z.B. in WhatsApp den LiveStandort anschaltest, dann erhält die Kurviger App aufeinmal die GPS Updates. Vielleicht kannst du das mal Testen und mehr Details zu deinem Smartphone teilen?

In der App gibt es die Möglichkeit einen Fehlerbericht hier im Forum einzustellen:

Dieser enthält viele fürs Debugging relevante Daten.

We are aware of that, the navigation experience will be redesigned. Given the short timeline, we had to cut some corners, this is one of the reasons the new Kurviger app is in Beta. You can expect an optimized navigation in the future.

2 Likes

WhatsApp verwende ich nicht, das mit Google Maps werde ich versuchen…

Die Debug-Infos von meinem Gerät wären die folgenden:
Device: Samsung - SM-A525F - Android: 13 - WebView: 108.0.5359.79
App-Version: 3.0.0 - 249

2 Likes

I downloaded the app and read the list of Known Limitations, they contain almost all the reports I would have made, so I’ll wait for the additions to arrive gradually.
The integration with the web version is greatly appreciated, which I personally will preferably use for planning.
Thanks for the work done, I will test it and report errors not already reported.

1 Like

It looks very promising so far. Well done Robin!

Is it possible to suppress the two lines at the bottom of the phone screen showing map sources? I realise this information may be useful when more maps become available but I’d rather see that information in the settings or somesuch.

3 Likes

BRAVO!
Could you please elaborate a little about the routing principles?

• Will routing still be centralized on your servers, as it was b4?
  • Does/will the APP have an own offline routing?
  • Will the 100% consistency of routes, created on a planning device (PC) and the navigation device (phone) still be guaranteed and how is this ensured?
    Best Regards
1 Like

Great News ! Very much looking forward to pushing it to the limit :wink:
In the meantime, will installing the Beta prevent me to use the old app ??
Also I am prepared to pay more that 10€/year for this app - provided it undergoes continuous improvements.

Thanks

1 Like

We are looking into hiding this information. There are legal requirements to show this and there are certain conditions under which we can hide them. So most probably the information will be hidden after a certain time.

Yes, both platforms use the same routing server and parameters.

Currently, there is no offline routing. This is something we can consider in the future.

No you can use both apps in parallel and you can switch to the new app when you feel comfortable. We are aware that the current beta does not support all features of the old app yet.

1 Like

New Kurviger app passed my first test with no problems. The route re-calculations are fast, and the app has been stable on my first 50 km.

I think we should not talk about the desired features on this thread, is just to test the app and report new problems or other issues.

I usually use Kurviger in landscape mode and as I read I know that’s not optimized for this screen orientation. Also I assume that will be more available data on screen.

Thank’s for the effort.

2 Likes

Point taken. Absolutely valid. I travel and plan a lot. 100 days/year on tour. Using Navigon, Garmin, TomTom …in the past I completely switched to Kurviger on my Smartphone. No more hardware necessary. No more data conversion. This is valid for road trips away from highways and tourist routes. But before I start planning it is very useful to use Google Maps looking for actual street closures and traffic in high frequented places. E.g. Sella Gruppe, Stilfser Joch. I had bad situation where I was in big trouble haven’t the actual information

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: K3-Beta: Offline Karten

A post was split to a new topic: Install the Old Kurviger App

@boldtrn & @ToTo_GSA_Rider I’m here to help with WunderLINQ support in any way. Please ping me if you need anything from me.

5 Likes

Hi, as mentioned already it is great work, but it looks too much like a copy paste of the web planner. I didn’t like the web planner and planned all my routes in android kurviger. At this moment i feel quite uncomfortable with the present touch and feel, but I’ll test more when more functionalities are present. I also feel that smartphone specifics (like long press or press and move) are not used. But as said, i first need to learn again from scratch. More remarks will follow. Can you inform us on the status of the developments? I’m also missing for now the import of bookmarks and the selective download of maps.
Thanks and continue the great work

Thanks for your support and nice words!

Querformat ist noch nicht fertig, genau. Import von .kurviger Dateien geht, benötigt aber aktuell eine Internetverbindung.

Würde mich natürlich freuen, bis dahin wird sich auch nochmal einiges tun. Kannst ja mal testen und wenns nicht passt, zu Kurviger 2 wechseln.

Thanks, Keith provided us with the latest integration guide :+1:

No worries, feel free to check back in 1-2 months, by then a lot should be improved already :slight_smile:.

Sure, I will update the forum regularly when we have reached a new milestone.

Bookmarks are called Favorites in the Kurviger Cloud. You can organise them in different folders. Right now offline maps can only be downloaded for a particular route :+1:

1 Like

Hallo Keith, passt du in der WunderlinQ die Schnellauswahl an auf die neue kurviger App? Aktuell startet weder die kurviger 1 pro App noch die kurviger 2 App in der WunderlinQ App. Am besten du ersetzt die Auswahl kurviger 2 durch die neue App. Alternativ könnte man natürlich auch noch eine Auswahl kurviger einfügen.

Hi Keith, do you adjust the quick selection in the WunderlinQ to the new kurviger app? Currently neither the kurviger 1 pro app nor the kurviger 2 app starts in the WunderlinQ app. Your best bet is to replace the kurviger 2 selection with the new app. Alternatively, you could of course add a kurviger selection.

Hi @ToTo_GSA_Rider To confirm the WunderLINQ app no longer launches the previous versions of Kurviger or is it just the new beta version?

@boldtrn Is there a new launch scheme for the app?