Wrap the Route Names

After a few years using Kurviger I have a lot of routes in a similar area and therefore I have quite long names.

In the cloud the Route names are truncated. I would like to see the name wrapped so that I can see the full name. This could be done in multiple places in Kurviger.

You can see here the truncated name and I have pasted the full name in the description.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal, right now we do show the full name when you hover over the area (not possible on tablets (and you use a tablet IIRC).

Wouldn’t it be better to give the route a meaningful name, like “Murray’s Run” and add all the stops in the description as you did? Not sure if it would be helpful to show multiple lines for the name? That said, it might make sense to maybe allow two lines or something like that? And maybe allow tapping the name to see the full name on touch devices or something like that?

The “Pregnant” name can work but in the Route display the details are not visible until you go into a route.

Two lines would work for me

There is the word “prägnant” in German, which means concise / meaningful.
I think, Robin means that and not that a woman will get a baby :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, sorry :slight_smile:

Got it. Could you just clarify how many details you would need? For example would a route preview image help?

Route preview wouldn’t work, that is available if you click the route.

Two lines I would use and I would endeavour to fit the key waypoints in this two lines.

Perhaps the left panel could slide to the right. Currently it can be opened and closed. Slide to the right to display more Route name text. Then we can choose the route and load it knowing it’s the right one

1 Like