This is for the feature request wishlist:
I would love to see my favorites selectable in the POI toolbar so I can switch them on and off like the build in ones. And be able to show more than one of the favorite folders at once.

2 Likes

Good suggestion,wold often be helpful!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, that would be a nice idea indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

this is my first post, I started using the website and app just recently and I’m already a big fan (and supporter). I used Google Maps in the past to plan long tours (7 to 10 days) through the alps in the past and was always frustrated by the limitation of way-points and bugs. Someone recommended Kurviger and I can’t thank him enough.

I had organized my POIs in Google Maps lists and already transferred some of the lists to Kurviger Cloud Favorites. I have lists for campsites, hotels, mountain passes I want to visit, sightseeing, museums and so on. The POIs in Google Maps list can be enabled on the map or not (annoyingly they like to disappear when zooming) per list, which is handy. I disable campsites when I’m on a business trip and enable them when I’m travelling with my camper van.

Here is my problem: On the Kurviger website I can see my favorites on the map only when the specific favorites folder is selected. I would like to always see my favorites, optimal would be a checkbox for each favorites folder ([X] Show on map).

I read about overlays and tried this feature by importing my GPX-file with alpine passes. Nice, but it seems I can use only one overlay. That means I have to put campsites, passes, sights etc. all in one GPX-file, but then all POIs from the overlay get the same blue icon. Not practical (or is it possible to change the icon?).

Is there a way to display my own POIs permanently on the map? If not I would like to suggest that as a new feature.

Howdy,
Klaus

1 Like

You can add multiple files as overlay via the “Extend route / overlay” checkbox:

But you will have the same icon for all overlay waypoints.

Welcome to Kurviger :slight_smile:.

Right now this not possible. This is something we have on our list. I will move your request, feel free to add a vote there :slight_smile:.

The screenshot is a bit outdated, Kurviger looks different now, but the same principal could be applied nevertheless.

1 Like

Thanks for considering this suggestion. In the meantime; Is it possible to export favorites to GPX to create overlays from them? I can’t find that option and doing it manually will be a lot of work.

Yes, it is a bit hidden. There is a small setting icon in the favorite folder.

1 Like

Aaaah! It’s really well hidden! Thanks for pointing me to the right place.

Migrating stuff from Google Maps to Kurviger favorites and then converting them to overlays is a workaround that will help me a lot. I still hope displaying favs as POIs will come to the website, but I understand this is not your top priority at the moment.

1 Like

@boldtrn
Das war ja schon öfter ein Thema . . . deshalb nun ein konstruktiver Vorschlag . . . im Sinne der neuen Layoutstrategie im K3: der “Nutella Regel” folgend, die Click Boxen in Sinne der stetigen Verbesserung deutlicher zu designen.
Also, die drei kleinen Stricher’l ersetzten . . . durch einen “richtigen” Burger und die Click Boxen inhaltlich korrekt beschriften . . . :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So findet jeder auf Anhieb die Import/Export Click Boxen :+1: