Temporary Navigation Issue

I rode for several hours today (250 miles, 10 hours) and used my iPhone 14 as a hotspot for the Android phone. During the ride, I noticed that the information in the left bottom corner suddenly disappeared. The routing seemed to have stopped working. After a few miles the routing started working again. No intervention was necessary. A few miles later, the same routing issue reoccured again.
When I put the Android phone in an Airplane mode, the navigation worked fine for a few hours.
At the end of ride the same navigation problem started to reoccur (even with an activated Airplane mode). Once I connected to a Wifi network in a cafe, the navigation started working again. When I left the cafe the issue reoccured again.

Over the course of ride, I definitely crossed a few areas with a poor cell phone data coverage, but I also downloaded offline maps from the area.

While the route proposals were excellent, the routing instability is definitly a big concern here.

Do you have any explanation for this behavior and how it could be fixed.
Thanks,
Tobias

OSM date stamp: 5/24/2024
Version: 3.3.2
Debug information:
Device: UMIDIGI - MP24 - Android: 13 - WebView: 124.0.6367.180
App-Version: 3.3.2 - 2938
Screen: 360 x 800 px - 2dppx

Did you leave the route? It sounds like you did and that the app might not have been able to recalculate a new route. Offline maps show the map, but don’t allow rerouting without an internet connection, also see our offline maps guide: Offline Maps Guide [Kurviger Knowledgebase]

Thanks for the explanation. I ran into at least one road closure when I was in an airplane mode and where I had to take a completely different route. It sounds like it is the best not use the airplane mode at all. When does Kurviger start using the offline maps?

What should I do when I have a road closure and have no data network? It sounds like the app is unusable until I have network again.

The app uses offline maps for displaying the map.

You can use the map and the arrow on the top-left to get back to the route. Many people leave the automatic recalculation disabled (and we do recommend that actually). This makes sure you don’t change your planned route.