Syntax error on gpx files fails to load Garmin or GPS Prune (linux)

When the name of the road includes the & sign, it saves it verbose and the gps has to see it as & (amp sign + amp + semicolon) even in the description. In my case the name of the road was US 2 & 41 using the Kurviger Liberty map set. It labels it correctly in the Lat and Longitude but not in any description and that causes an error so that Garmin won’t even recognize the route is in the gpx folder thus you cannot find the route after loading. It doesn’t say what the error was… GPX Prune did explain the error even though it would not load the file and I was able to go in and edit the code. Once completed, the Garmin unit immediately rcognized the route and listed it as an option to use. The Latitude/ longitude syntax is good. the Description syntax needs to match. Hope that helps, :o) Bob Komjathy

Kurviger uses:
Old Highway 2 & 41 B 52Continue onto Old Highway 2 & 41, B 52Waypointshaping

Should be:
Old Highway 2 & 41 B 52Continue onto Old Highway 2 &+amp+; 41, B 52Waypointshaping

Kurviger uses:

Old Highway 2 & 41 B 52Continue onto Old Highway 2 & 41, B 52Waypoint

Should be:

Old Highway 2 & 41 B 52Continue onto Old Highway 2 &+amp+; 41, B 52Waypoint

trp:ShapingPoint/

Can you add a short example route link here?

Gladstone - Norway Township.gpx (34,9 KB)
https://kurv.gr/V7e5P
Auch GPXshaping.de “frisst” es nicht … :woozy_face:

Gladstone - Norway Township.gpx (34.9 KB)

Zaphod_42… now your file works because I repaired the errors in the description tag. There were 6 errors all requiring the & to have &+amp+;. The & cannot stand alone in the the xml format. :o) Wie die Zeit vergeht als ich mich amuzieren,

1 Like

If you load this and export it again, the errors will re-establish themselves until they repair the code to format the xml statement correctly.

River Bends Campground - Shell, Saint Ignace.gpx (210.0 KB)

This is the corrected file. Download it for comparison. Import into Kurviger desktop program and change gpx file to “test.gpx” ,save the new named gpx, and export the new file. The errors will re-establish themselves and it will not load or even acknowledge it exists on the memory card when transferred. Just search the xml for the & and repair how it formats the xml file correcting incorrect & in the description tags. It will be fixed for everyone at least using Garmin gps.

Thanks again for reporting this, we have updated our export, the files should be exported correctly now. Please let me know if this fixed your issue.