Stay centered

Hey there, I would like to raise the suggestions to enable a new option: this would be to stay centered on the map when moving but not running an active route. I sometimes like to ride around without route but still would like to see where I am currently.

Does that make sense?

Best regards
Ingo

Hallo Ingo, wenn ich Dich richtig verstehe wäre dies der Folgemodus? " Durch langes drücken des Standort -Buttons wird der Folgen-Modus aktiviert."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello Ingo, if I understand you correctly this would be the follow mode? “Long press on the location button will activate the follow mode.”

3 Likes

Thanks for that quick response. It works as described - topic solved.

Hi there, I had the same question for K2. And thus solved. But is this also foreseen in K3?

Hi Rubr, you can currently enter the follow-mode if you don’t have any route on the planning screen, then click on the navigation button at the bottom-right. It will offer you the follow-mode

In the not too distant future we will also make improvements to this, recording and some other things are on our roadmap :slight_smile:

Hi Patrick, I tried this this morning, but pressing this button centers the map to the current location and doesn’t follow anymore. I didn’t try pushing this button long as explained above for K2.
I’ll try this later.

For K3 just click “start navigation”
If there is no route loaded, you will be offered “follow mode”

Long-clicking is not a feature in K3, nothing will happen :slight_smile:
The map should follow you in followmode, can you give me a little more information to debug this? Did you allow background location permission with fine location? Which location provider do you use (in the navigation settings below where you click on followmode, there are “google” and “android” available)? Which phone and Android version do you have?

Hi Patrick, Follow mode works as you explained in K3. Everything OK.