Road closed rerouting

I understand that maps are proprietary and the live closure of roads cannot be displayed. But during the ride I may face closed roads. In such case I have to stop, exit navigation mode, and check where to ride further. This is time consuming.
What I would like is: a button “closed road” that recalculates the route avoiding the piece road in front of me. This would make my ride much smoother in case of closed road.

Thanks

4 Likes

[DE] Wenn Kurviger (bzw OSM) nicht weiß, dass da eine Straßensperrung ist , ist es auch schwierig festzulegen, wie weit denn die Sperrung geht. Sind es nur 100 m oder 5 km? Auch du als Fahrer weißt es nicht.

Ich persönlich fahre ohne automatische Neuberechnung. Wenn ich an eine Straßensperrung herankomme, fahre ich eben einen Umweg, und schaue dabei, wie ich am besten wieder auf die Route komme.
Ganz pragmatisch, habe ich in solchen Fällen auch schon mal Google Maps genutzt, längere und dauernde Sperrungen kennt Maps manchmal, und es leitet mich sicher zum gewünschten Punkt, zum Beispiel einem Punkt der Kurviger-Route.

[EN]
If Kurviger (or OSM) does not know that there is a road closure, it is also difficult to determine how far the closure extends. Is it only 100 m or 5 km? Even you as a driver don’t know.

Personally, I drive without automatic recalculation. If I come to a road closure, I just take a detour and see how best to get back on the route.
In a very pragmatic way, I have also used Google Maps in such cases; Maps is sometimes aware of longer and more permanent road closures, and it guides me safely to the desired point, for example a point on the Kurviger route.

1 Like

As I know, this is on the roadmap. :+1:
Info about timeline not available (as usual) sorry.
I am waiting too. :wink:

4 Likes

Me too :smiley:
Da warte ich schon länger drauf…

1 Like

I also expect that it is implemented is a fundamental function while traveling