Navigation problem for same start and end points

Hi, while touring I was using the Kurviger app on android for navigation for a scenic loop and then back to our camp ie, the same start and end point, navigation was set to the fastest route with Intermediate stops at four different sights.

The navigation ignored all the intermediate stops and directed us to go straight back to the end point in a completely different direction, shown in red on the screenshot.

Is this a problem with the app or something I have done wrong?
https://kurv.gr/g59UP

Hello,

probably the start and finish were too close together.

Please, with such problem always the Kurviger link to the route with publish, so that one can look at you route.

You can find it under Export and then link to share.

2 Likes

Not in planning I guess - but in navigating? Planning should look like this: https://kurv.gr/5ZqTL and I wouldn’t expect any problem.
How about your driving? Did you enable re-calculation of the route? Did you turn left after (1)? And how did you create the red line?
Sorry for no quick solution 

1 Like

Ive added the link thanks, why would all of the stops be ignored though, they looked to be in numerical order?

Separate start and finish as in my example

1 Like

I just drew the red line afterwards onto a screenshot.

Yes I turned left after (1) as I was following voice navigation.

(1) was a shaping point, have I got shaping points and intermediate mixed up?
I thought ‘intermediate’ was used for stops

How do you create a loop with stops?

No, there is nothing wrong in your planning.

I can’t imagine why voice navigation let turn you left after (1) and why you were directed back to destination. Looks like all waypoints were deleted at once 
 really strange.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just to clarify, you don’t see the display while riding, only using voice, so you haven’t seen what was happening?

Usually this should not happen and right now I can’t imagine why it happened, so it would be really interesting to understand the issue a bit better.

1 Like

Hi, I only use voice navigation when riding, there was nothing out of the ordinary in the way the directions sounded.

The only thing I can think of was that perhaps there is a glitch when the route is set to the fastest option as the directions were the ‘fastest’ route to the end point if you disregarded all the intermediate stops.

We don’t have anything like that in our code, so that’s unlikely.

If this happens again, please let us know.

What could have caused it?

I am not sure.

We have recently fixed an edge case related to rerouting (the fix will be included in the next version). Your route does not fit the edge case, so it is very unlikely that you have been impacted by this. Other than that we are not aware of any issues in this area.

If you see a similar case again, it would be really interesting if you could share a screenshot of the route in the navigation where the error occurred. This could give us a hint what was going wrong. If you happen to have GPX track, that would be interesting as well.

1 Like

I dont have GPX but google maps tracked our route, this is the screenshot. I turned Kurviger off and used Google Maps after Kurviger led us on the smaller loop in the wrong direction.

This was one route during a 7 day tour and the only time we experienced an issue like this, it was also the only time the start and end point was the same place.

2 Likes

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem.

Im ersten Ort (Tolmin) habe ich fĂŒr 200m zum Tanken die Route verlassen, danach wollte das Navi mich immer wieder zurĂŒck zum Ausgangspunkt schicken. Ich bin dann erst vor und dann hinter Shapingpunkt 1 gefahren und habe die RoutenfĂŒhrung neu aufgesetzt. Auch das AbĂ€ndern von Shapingpoint 2 als Waypoint half nichts. War es mein Fehler?

Hi Achim, konntest du auf der Anzeige sehen, ob Kurviger dich zum Ausgangspunkt und dann weiter entlang die Route schicken wollte? Oder einfach nur zum Ziel und dann Schluss?

Hattest du denn vor dem Tanken fahren schon das Navi an, sprich hattest du dich auf der Route schon vom Startpunkt entfernt? FĂŒr solche FĂ€lle haben wir im MenĂŒ den Punkt “Überspringen”, schau mal in das 3-Punkte MenĂŒ da gibt es den Knopf

Ansonsten was auch immer zu empfehlen ist, was ich persönlich bei einem Stop gerne mache: kurz zurĂŒck zur Planungsansicht, vorherige Punkte löschen, zurĂŒck zum Navi, los gehts

Sorry, dass ich nicht eher antworten konnte. Ersteres weiß ich ehrlich gesagt nicht mehr. Das Navi hatte ich schon beim Losfahren angeschaltet, das Tanken dort habe ich spontan entschieden.
“Überspringen” habe ich nicht gewĂ€hlt, ich habe aber kurz hinter dem Punkt 1 den Punkt 2 zum Wegpunkt gemacht und die Navigation neu aufgesetzt mit der Auswahl “zum nĂ€chsten Punkt navigieren”. Das schön mir am logischsten.
Leider ist die Situation jetzt nicht mehr simulierbar.

Das hat dann funktioniert? Oder hat das weiterhin fĂŒr ein fehlerhaftes Verhalten gesorgt?

Spannend wĂ€re auch welche Version du verwendet hattest wĂ€hrend der Navigation. Mit der Version 3.2.2 haben wir einen Fix fĂŒr ein mögliches Problem in dem Bereich veröffentlicht.

Das hat leider nicht funktioniert, gleicher Fehler wie vorher. Ich erinnere mich gerade, dass die Kilometerangabe höher wurde. Ich wĂ€re also wahrscheinlich zurĂŒck zum Ausgangspunkt und dann die ganze Runde gefahren, obwohl der nĂ€chste Wegpunkt auf der Route viel nĂ€her gewesen wĂ€re.
Die Versionsnummer weiß ich nicht mehr, die Fahrt habe ich am 5.9. gemacht.

Also spÀtestens hinter SP1 sollte es eigentlich korrekt funktionieren. Ist jetzt im Nachhinein schwer zu sagen woran es genau lag.

Wenn Hin- und RĂŒckweg genauer ĂŒbereinander liegen kann es manchmal zu komischen Verhalten kommen. Also, dass es z.B. in Tolmin zu einem Fehler kam, wenn du da die Navigation neu startest kann sein, ist leider ein Grenzfall den wir auf lange Sicht verbessern möchten.

Version 3.2.2 wurde danach veröffentlich - 2023-09-29.