Kurviger iOS 3.3.0 BETA Feedback

This is the feedback thread for the Kurviger iOS App update 3.3.0. We are looking forward to your feedback!

If you would like to request a feature or report an issue, I would kindly ask you to create a separate thread for this as it can get a bit hard to follow the discussion in one huge thread. This thread is about discussing the features that we have implemented with the 3.3.0 update :slight_smile:
https://docs.kurviger.de/changelog

Dies ist der Feedback-Thread fĂĽr das Kurviger iOS Update 3.3.0, wir freuen uns auf eure RĂĽckmeldungen!

Wenn es um einen neuen Funktions-Wunsch oder einen allgemeinen Fehlerbericht geht würden wir euch bitten ein separates Thema im Forum zu öffnen, damit es in diesem Thema übersichtlich um die Änderungen der Version 3.3.0 gehen kann, danke :slight_smile:
https://docs.kurviger.de/de/changelog

Wunderbah !

How do you want to receive feedback ?

On iPhone 14 is it so smooth and fast.

I have one request regarding naming of Points

When I chose a point on the list and go to the detail screen and I tap in the name box the name box shoots off the top of the screen and I cannot see what I type except in the IOS keyboard upper line.

If I make a mistake it is impossible to rename it unless I blindly backspace over it and start again. I think the same behavioir is on the website in Chrome on IOS but you can move it down again.

If I want to name point 12 the name box fly off the top and I cannot move it down without closing.

1 Like

Is Navigation working at the moment ?

Edit - Yes it is. You need to use the Home arrow to get to the Start

Let’s ride !

Please split this post off to an appropriate categories for the IOS App.

When in Navigation mode dirt roads are not shown in brown colour.

Navigation v. Planning

First ride. Worked as expected. Turn by turn voice instructions timely and clear via the bike dash and helmet comms.

Remember to turn off Navigation Simulation !!!

Interupted the music well.

Recovered from Off route turns well.

Recorded my actual ride accurately, but when I load my actual ride as a Route it is not the same.

Planned: Tick correct.

Rode this: Tick correct.

Load Tracked Ride as a Route - the different start point is because I stopped and turned off Navigation Simulation but missing 3 sections.

Features I would really like (I come from Scenic)

1. Battery Saver mode for long stretches of highway - screen goes black and only shows speed and distance to next point
  2. Volume control from the touch screen
  3. Mute not yet working ? For urban areas - no turn by turn instruction voice for areas that you know well then activate when you get out on the tour but keep music playing in urban area
  4. Music start / stop / skip
  5. Speed limit and actual speed

Nice App, well done

4 Likes

You can reply to this newly created thread or you can create a post in the according categories Route planning and Navigation. You might want to use the appropriate tags like ios and beta.

Thanks, that’s what we wanted to hear and also thanks for the detailed feedback :heart_eyes:.

This is unfortunately a known error right now. We are looking into fixing this in the future. You should be able to move the UI a bit to see the input field again. But yeah, not convenient.

Really you can’t drag the UI?

Yes this is currently a known limitation. Even the Android app doesn’t show these yet, this will be added in the future :+1:

Awesome, thanks :heart_eyes:

[quote=“OldManEmu, post:4, topic:15834”]
Simulation but missing 3 sections.

Yes, this is currently a limitation of how we load tracks (recorded or GPX). They might not be 100% accurate. You can export the recorded ride as GPX and use the regualr GPX import where you can set the number of wps and you can crank this up to get a pretty exact version of your ride. That said, we don’t recommend that as this might introduce other issues :slight_smile:. Better not crank the wps up, but place manual points.

Yes, this is planned for iOS and Android :+1:.

Could you share an image of how this would work?

Muting should work. (…)-Menu, press the speaker button. Doesn’t this work for you?

You mean a media controller in the Kurviger app to control your music app?

Will be added during the BETA :+1:

2 Likes

Really you can’t drag the UI?

On the iPad it is ok but on my iPhone it is very touchy and control of the move is really hard.

Muting should work. (…)-Menu, press the speaker button. Doesn’t this work for you?

Ok. Mute is working for me.

Could you share an image of how this would work?

See screenshot from Scenic below

You mean a media controller in the Kurviger app to control your music app?
Yes - See screenshot from Scenic below

This is Scenic control pad on iPad. iPhone is the same
The 9 squares bottom left are on screen when navigating. Tapping will pop the yellow and grey control pad.

I have noted the control areas.

The skip back / play / skip forward buttons will start IOS music players from the last song played. Before a ride I will open an album or playlist and start a song then stop it. Once under way and I want music I simply press the play button.

Volume control buttons are ringed in red.

And two special function buttons that execute IOS shortcuts are great to send a selected message and the current location to ride buddies, example

Ride Stopped …

Choose one

I can choose the message to send and on a group ride I modify the shortcut to include other riders I need to get a quick message to.

Thanks for providing the iOS App - signed in yesterday for the beta version and had a first great ride!
I noticed some minor issues:

• the shown position in the navigation seems to be behind the actual position
  • sometimes, the arrow showing the position seems to be stuck in the lower menu (showing destination, time and distance to got)
    Debug Info: Apple iPhone 14,6 iOS 17.3.1 Web View 17.3.1 App Version 3.3.0 - 1056 Screen 375 x 667 px 2dppxj

Ok got it, thanks a lot for sharing. Let’s see how often these features are requested to see if we should add them. If you’d like you could create a separate thread for these features, so we could discuss these in more detail and if others need them they can comment etc.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes this is a known issue for iOS and Android actually and we are working on improving this further :+1:

Thanks, this is currently not a known issue. Can you tell us a bit more about this. When does this happen? Do you happen to have a screenshot? What orientation are you using? 3d, 2d, north?

Heute die halbe Tour mit iPhone XR gefahren. Sehr geil, bin echt begeistert. Wenn jetzt noch die Offline Karten da sind, wirds echt cool. Was nicht so gut geklappt hat, war die Situation ohne Internet. Hatte die Route gestartet und musste sie dann nochmal stoppen um das Handy mit dem Helm zu koppeln.
Musste dann nochmal vom Motorrad in den Hof, damit ich W-Lan habe um die Route zu starten.
Hotspot sollte schon vorhanden sein, denke ich. Bei Android habe ich das Thema nie gespĂĽrt, da Handykarte vorhanden.
Die andere Hälfte dann mit Android gefahren.

Hey, war heute den zweiten Tag mit der App unterwegs - war absolut fantastisch - bis sie nach 104 km aus ging, sie lieĂź sich auch nicht mehr starten. Gestern im Fallow Modus das gleiche - nach einer geraumen Weile war sie aus :frowning: . Ich verwende ein IPhone 11 Pro max, dann kommen noch solche komischen Fehlermeldungen - aber es macht einfach SpaĂź mit der App zufahren
GruĂź Kay

[Describe your problem, please try to provide as much information as possible]

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: Apple - iPhone12,5 - iOS: 17.4.1 - WebView: 17.4.1
App-Version: 3.3.0 - 1056
Screen: 414 x 896 px - 3dppx

3 Likes

I have the same issue. I hope this screenshots will help a bit:

Orientation normal, 2d

Greetings
Tom

Guten Tag. Bin heute die erste Tour mit der iOS Beta App gefahren. Telefon ist ein 14 pro Max mit aktuellen Updates.
Der blaue Pfeil der die eigene Position anzeigt hängt neben der Strecke. Beim abbiegen kommen die Sprachansagen rechtzeitig, aber die Karte hängt sehr lange hinterher bzw. ist auch außerhalb der Route kurzzeitig. Das ruckelt noch zu sehr, sollte flüssiger gehen.
Wenn man mehrere Wegpunkt gesetzt hat werden die immer wieder mit Wegpunkt 1 angesagt, da ab jedem Wegpunkt die Startflagge gesetzt wird. Das ist nicht gut.
Zwischendurch funktionierte die Sprachansage nicht, gerade beim abbiegen fiel diese ab und an aus.
Einmal ist mir die App abgestĂĽrtzt, in einer Fahrpause. Navigation wurde danach nicht mehr richtig fortgesetzt. Dort war allerdings auch nur LTE verfĂĽgbar.
Das war´s erstmal. Danke

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback / Vielen Dank fĂĽr das Feedback.

Ja das ist gerade leider ein bekanntes Problem, die Routenplanungsansicht funktioniert nur schlecht bis gar nicht ohne Internetverbindung.

Vielen Dank fĂĽrs Melden. Hat dir iOS einen Absturz der App angezeigt? Hattest du die App im Hintergrund / deaktiviertem Bildschirm?

Auch nach Beenden der App konnte diese nicht mehr gestartet werden? Oder konnte nur die Navigation nicht mehr gestartet werden?

Diesen Fehler habe ich immer mal gesehen, wenn die App lange im Hintergrund lief, ist aber nur 1-2 angezeigt worden und hat danach normal funktioniert.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting, Was this a temporary issue and went away on it’s own? Did you press for example on the compass to fix this? Do you have any idea when/how this issue appeared?

Do you also have an iPhone 14?

Kannst du hier mehr dazu sagen? Sieht es so wie in dem Screenshot ĂĽber deinem Beitrag aus? Also war der Pfeil auch zu weit unten? War das immer oder nur ab und zu?

Was genau meinst du damit?

Das kling komisch. Eigentlich sollte die App nicht dauernd neu berechnen, so lange du auf der Route bleibst. Warst du meistens auf der Route oder bist du öfters mal von der Route abgefahren? Sobald die Route neu berechnet wird, werden aktuell die Wegpunkt-Nummern angepasst.

LTE sollte eigentlich locker reichen. Hattest du die Navigation pausiert? Oder ist die laufende Navigation abgestĂĽrzt?

genau so. Das war aber die ganze Zeit

wenn ich abbiege seh ich die blaue Route. Die Karte hängt aber 1-2 Zentimeter hinterher auf dem iPhone. Weiß grad nicht wie ich das anders beschreiben kann

ich war die ganze Zeit auf der Route. Fing schon bei Wegpunkt 1 an. Dort durchgefahren, hat das Navi die Startflagge gesetzt und der nächste Punkt war nicht 2 sondern wieder 1. Das ging bis Ende der Tour

Hi,

Pressing the compass did nt fix it. I’ve tried it several times.
It is an ongoing issue and nthingmfixed it at all. I’ve tried to restart the navigation and also the complete APP, but it stayed like you see it on my screenshot. Interestingly the voice promptes are coming exactly as they should come :slight_smile:

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPhone 13 Pro.

Tom

Servus,

Tour planning on IPad with IStudio:

Working with the Magic Mouse is with the app better compared to the web version.
There is still the issue of unexpected zoom in and out on the map.

What I didn’t find is, how to change the location of a sharping point?
Currently I only can set a new sharping point and delete the old one.

In the planning mode, why I need to do an extra click when setting a sharping point?

An additional question - is it somehow possible to get full screen on the monitor?

Greets

Hallo, Die Beta-Version beginnt beim Starten der Navigation einfach zu fahren, obwohl ich mich noch nicht bewegt habe. Fährt dann auch immer weiter und passt sich nicht an meine aktuelle Position an. Zur Zeit kann ich die App nicht benutzen. Iphone 13 aktuelle Software.

Same for me, orientation 2d, but the arrow even seems to be “in” the lower menu.
Screenshot will follow…