Kurviger gpx files and Garmin Zumo XT issues

Hello everyone!
I have used Kurviger Pro (1.14.28) successfully for several years creating and navigating routes around Europe. I exported Kurviger Pro routes in gpx format to my Tomtom Rider 400 without any problems and the ‘turn by turn’ instructions worked perfectly every time.
However, since I changed my GPS sytem to the Garmin Zumo XT, although the gpx file (exported as track or route or combination of both) import into the Garmin and I’m able to load the file, i cannot get the Garmin to speak ‘turn by turn’ instructions. The entire route displays correctly but no sound!
Is there something that I am missing?
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thank you🙏🏼

Hast du verschiedene Garmin Karten oder zusätzlich OSM-Karte/n aktiviert,
dann deaktiviere mal und teste die Sprachausgabe neu.

Thank you. I can confirm that I’m only using the base Garmin maps that came with the Zumo XT. I do not have any issue with the navigation. I just cannot seem to get any voice directions when using gpx files created by Kurviger Pro.

Hello Mohsin,
I had experience with an older Garmin.
Export your Route with Garmin shaping Points. As Route.Not track. Next you will see it should work as expected.

Thank you so much! I will try this tomorrow and report back.

Today was the test day! I exported my route to work as a gpx Garmin waypoints route only. I did not convert it to a trip in rhe Garmin Zumo XT. The EXCELLENT news that it solution worked perfectly and even recalculated a small deliberate diversion.
Thank you so much for your help! :pray:t3::pray:t3:

3 Likes