Import gpx from BestBikingRoads.fr, all failed

Edit3: I changed the file extension and got a different error. See screenshot.

Edit2: I was confused. My first edit (below) is incorrect. Step 2 is necessary and results in the error message shown in the screenshots. Help would be appreciated.

Edit: I’ve been doing 2 steps. 1. Tap “Drag & drop” 2. Tap import. It seems that step 2 is unneeded. I could not tell that the import had occurred. It seems to work now. Thank you.

import_only_gpx_kurviger

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: Google - Pixel 3 - Android: 12 - WebView: 119.0.6045.194
App-Version: 3.2.5 - 2014
Screen: 393 x 786 px - 2.75dppx

Hi Geometer, we’ll need more details to help you out here.
I just tested this by going to the website you mentioned and downloading the first route I saw, which was this one:

I downloaded the GPX and imported it into Kurviger like so:

and it all worked fine for me.
So please tell us which import is breaking for you and how. And maybe also add a screenshot and more details

You’re example failed for me. See screenshot.

I’ve been doing 2 steps. 1. Tap “Drag & drop” 2. Tap import.

It seems that step 2 is unneeded. I could not tell that the import had occurred.

Your filename doesn’t end with .gpx but with .html
Look at filename!
It ends with Pissos--.gpx.html

Please also note that on this forum you can edit your posts, no need to post several different answers, which makes it harder to read this thread :slight_smile:

Just for your information, I tried with the corrected file name extension. I got the error shown in the screenshot included in the post at the top.

So the problem seems not only be the file name but also the content. I think your download from BBR wasn’t correct.

If I use this (official) download button it works … bbr-rte-EN-103-_-Chaves.gpx (188,9 KB)

2 Likes

I use the same icon/link.

Could the contents be compared? See attached.

bbr-rte-EN-103-_-Chaves.gpx (188.9 KB)

Edit4. I can’t seem to be able to edit the original post so I updating through the comments.

I downloaded a GPX from here and got an error also.

Note: I am doing all this on an Android phone and my web browser is Chrome.

The content of both files matches - despite I used BestBikingRoads .com instead of .fr … coundn’t be the problem.
Perhaps you can take another browser? Or at least clear the Chrome cache?

I tried to reproduce with the file you have uploaded here in the forum:
Here the steps i did:

1. Download the file, than in a separate step open Kurviger App
    (There may be a shorter way, but that is what I did.)

2. Select import

3. Tap “drag & drop or click to select”

4. Select the file

5. Tap “import”

6. Voila the route is there

2 Likes