Hello all, I' m brmoke from the Black Forest

In 2016 I got the chance to test a pre-series TomTom Rider 450; in 4 weeks I covered about 5000 km with a Cagiva Navigator 1000. I could keep it after the test, but the navigation deficiencies on longer trips or the curvy routing which often led me through residential areas, just because there were some curves (limited to 30 kph) drived me crazy. Looking for an alternative I switched to planning by Kurviger on the website and transferred the routes to my TomTom. This was at least a compromise between the ingenious Kurviger routing and the TomTom hardware. After some years the TomTom got problems with the impermeability, there often was moisture on the inside of the screen. So I turned to an Ulefone and to the Android app and this is the perfect combination. One disadvantage is that in heavy rain the raindrops are interpreted as commands. I still need a solution like a supplementary protection against raindrops, but the rest is perfect.
The Cagiva has been sold with 97000 km and right now I run a Moto Morini Granpasso 1200, modified to my personal preferences for the longer trips and a Fantic Caballero 700 for all the rest. I still have another project to finish, a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 SE Black Devil.

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to the Kurviger Forum :wave:

Hi brmoke, for the raindrop problem I use the app “Touch Lock”, so you have to do some double-touches , inconvenient when you actually use the telephone, but I only activate it when driving in rain.

I agree. I use a similar app called Touch Protector. I’m sure they are comparable. I have it set up so when I double tap the volume up, it locks the screen. When I double tap the volume up or volume down buttons, it will then unlock the screen. It solves the raindrop issue and is fairy simple to turn on and off.

Oh, and hello brmoke. Welcome to the community! I’ve tried many trip planning/navigations options as well, and Kurviger has been the best solution for me.

2 Likes

Hey brmoke, welcome to the forum, nice story, nice bikes, I used to run an Cagiva Elefant 750 (after several Yamahas - XT 600 2KF, SR 500 XT 500, Aprilia Pegaso, BMW F 800 GS) and now, cause I want to have lightweigt bike with ABS, a KTM 690 Enduro for my trips. For Navigation, I used to have some Garmins and now with kurviger I use this:

Thanks to the Carpe Iter I can switch off the touchscreen in case of rain, works perfect, maybe a solution for you! And finally: my roots are in the Black Forest as well, I grew up in Waldkirch.

1 Like