Free positioning for navigation panels

Would it be possible, to make the position (of the position arrow) configurable to some degree?
Maybe two ot three positions :thinking:

Manfred

A bit interestingā€¦ yes. But this whole thread leaves me thinkingā€¦ such an amount of effort, for really little gain. I think this should be really low prio, we have so many other important feature requests on the devsā€™ list already

1 Like

The subroutine for hiding buttons is already available, I donā€™t say no effort, but I guess this is not tooooo much effort for such a good developerā€¦ changing the properties of some rectangular boxes and using the existing function on the event triggerā€¦

Hm, depending on how they implemented it here, as an Android developer myself I gotta disagree a little bit. Hiding and moving stuff around (even if you already know how it works basically etc.) is usually a big pain in the backside and can mess up the layout, look weird on certain device sizes, lead to bugs when the UI is killed and restored etc. etc.

But yeah, youā€™re right, Iā€™ll shut up now, weā€™ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that @devemux86 can prioritise his To-Do list by himself and doesnā€™t need me for that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everyone please avoid assumptions about the easiness of implementing even the minor of features, it doesnā€™t appear nice to developers or else anyone can build a navigator in a weekend!

2 Likes

understood, sorry for thatā€¦

what about this other question from linux-user if it is possible to to make the position (of the gps position arrow) configurable or to let start it a bit more at the bottom? Especially when the Android option ā€œgestures on fullscreenā€ is used which makes the navigation bars 3 litte strokes and the functions are executed when swiping over these? I use this escpecially to have more free display space, but actually the gps positon (arrow) isnā€™t moved more towards the bottom then, but starts still around 1.6 inches above the Android navigation bars.