Difficulty in forcing Kurviger to follow a specific itinerary in cities

[EN] I think I have found an issue with the route calculated by Kurviger
[DE] Ich glaube ich habe einen Fehler bei der Routenberechnung von Kurviger gefunden

Helle everyone, although i am overall delighted with Kurviger, i encountered recently a problem which i did not resolve. When planning a route , which i do on my desk PC, i adjust the exact itinerary in playing withy the waypoints (balises, numbered from 1 to 50 in most cases). It usually works very well with some practice. However, in some cities which i want to cross with a specific route, Kurviger is very obstinate and follows its own track -a succession of the yellow dots, the routing instructions- and i am unable to modify it in using the balises system. This may result in causing unessary detours, going through the city downtown instead of taking a peripheric way for example. This is not a frequent problem, but it bothers me. Any solution to my problem ?
Many thanks
Patrick 73340

[EN] I read the corresponding documentation
[DE] Ich habe die entsprechende Documentation dazu gelesen

[EN] Here is a url to a short example (<10km) that shows the issue:

[DE] Hier ist ein Link zu einer kurzen Route (<10km) die das Problem zeigt:
[INSERT URL/LINK EINFÜGEN]

Example in the city of Serrieres-en-Chautagne

[EN] Description of the issue and how it should work instead:
[DE] Beschreibung des Problems und wie es anstatt dessen funktionieren sollte:
[INSERT DESCRIPTION/BESCHREIBUNG EINFÜGEN]

Arriving from the south on the main road D991, the kurviger route should have led us to remain on it , moving straight north without doing circonvolutions in the city center. I add that D991 is NOT a one way road.

Looks like there might be some sort of road closure between WP29 and WP30
But without Kurviger route link we cant check that.
Screenshots alone don’t help.

For routing question please always post a link of a route example.

1 Like

May be it’s not an one way road - but it declared in OSM as oneway=yes

As Streetview shows in August 2023 it’s not an one way road - and the last update of OSM was more than a year ago - we could change OSM. But it’s really better if it is done by a local mapper.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s necessary to get the route - in this case not: https://kurv.gr/4RFUV

Good morning and many thanks for you all for your very prompt reactions. I am really amazed. So the explanation to my difficulty seems to be that Road D991 WAS indeed a one way road untill a few months ago, and this has not yet been reflected in OSM. Seems quite logical.
To be sure, i will call tomorrow the Mairie of Serrieres en Chautagne and try to get a confirmation (preferably by e mail) which i will then send you. And you will then be in a position to update OSM-which i presume i can’t do at my level.
Many thanks again
Patrick73340

1 Like

Everyone can update OSM.
But we can asisst you, or someone can do it if you don’t want to change OSM yourself.

See also
https://docs.kurviger.de/web/faq/incorrect_routes

2 Likes

Many thanks to all. After having received confirmation, this morning, from the Mairie of Serrieres-en-Chautagne that D991 has never been a one way road, I followed your advice, registered on OSM and placed a note on the Route des Allobroges.
At a later stage, if time permits, I will try to learn how to do some modifications by myself.
Bonne route à vous tous!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for checking with the local council. I removed the oneway tag and closed the note :slight_smile:

Many thanks, next time I have to do an OSM correction, I will try to do it myself. :wink:

2 Likes