Copy cloud to other UID

Hi,
for safety reasons, I’m using on my new Kurviger Mobile another Google account, as on my daily devices. Now, that I have created a lot of routes in the past, all under my daily account, I would like to transfer them onto my restricted riding (Google) account. Sharing them 1 by 1 is a PITA. Any help?

I think, you can login into Kurviger with same email-address, as the kurviger account is not bound to Google.

Yes you can also add any other email address to the account in the account section: https://kurviger.de/account/user/en

In general, it is not a security risk to use your main Google account for the Kurviger cloud. We don’t have access to any of your data (other than email address, profile picture…). I would recommend no to create too many different accounts, people tend to forget which accounts they used, happens more often than you would think :wink:

This is not of my concern. If you use Google on a mobile, you have to store the Google account information on the device. This gives you instantly access to a wealth of personal data, as gmail, drive, calendar, contacts …
In case your mobile gets lost or stolen from the bike, this information may fall into hands of IT-criminals, who are apparently able to crack your passcode. On a motorbike, mobiles are very much exposed and easy to dismount from any kind of cradles. Therefore, I prefer to use them w/ a different Google account w/out any personal data in it, which still would me allow to login into Kurviger, use browsers and Googel-maps etc.

You can just use the same email-address on both phones to login into kurviger and use the same cloud data. Same as you would login into your Amazon account or whatever. I do not think you create an Amazon account per phone.

2 Likes

Ok in this case, I would recommend you sign using email/password in the Kurviger app, so you are completely independent from any social logins. You can add this to an existing Kurviger account.

OK, but I have difficulties understanding how this is done. Say, I have currently 2 gmail accounts for accessing Kurviger via Google.
myemail1@gmail.com (my regular gmail account for everything)
myemail2@gmail.com
When I try to register w/ Kurviger directly, using one of the the 2 email addresses above, it tells me that the email is already in use. (may be this is a bug??)
That leads me to the following questions:

1. How can I delete/unsubscribe a Kurviger Account, be it via Google, or directly
  2. Can the google gmail account name be the same as for the account directly registered w/ Kurviger and how to do this.

Best Regards and Froher Ostern
hk

No, do not via Google. Login via one of the above email-addresses, best your standard-address. Then - what does your screen show?

You can change the email - after successful login. For example, I use my private one, no gmail-address, own domain.

In your google-account.

If I login, what password shall I use? The pwd from Google? - Doesn’t work!

If I try to register w/ this email, I’m getting this:

Don’t worry about the visible email, its an empty Google account, which I’m going to delete, oncethe prob is solved.

Hmm. Very confusing. Seems you used a different password here. Last try, otherwise the admins should support, I guess.

Can you check, if you received any email from kurviger. Check your spam folder as well. I guess you received some email during registering …

Hi, I solved the problem as following:
I never registered for direct login to Kurviger and as a logical consequence there wasn’t a password for it. Of course, it could never be the same password as for the Google account, I used for login to Kurviger via Google! A proper new registration was also not possible, as you can see above.
I entered into the direct login mask the Google gmail address and then rather than trying to enter a password, I press the “password forgotten” button. I received a link from Kurviger which enabled me to (re)-set a new password, which previously never existed, hence some registration through the backdoor. With this new password, I was then able to login directly to Kurviger as well as via Google, as I did before.
However, I suggest that you take a closer look to your login methods and may be loose a few words in your documentation, about the nature of these logins, how to create and use them in parallel.

2 Likes

Many thanks your patience and hints!

Yes, reset password is one “backdoor”, you can also use the register email option in the account view: https://kurviger.de/account/user/

(you only see this option if you have no email connected)