Can‘t Start navigation. Error could not parse Kurviger Models

Can this be fixed permanently until the end of June? I am also heading to Norway soon and would like to rely on Kurviger for navigation.

I understand it has something to do with the actual location where I am and not with the location of the route points, right?

No worries and this will be permanent in the app.

1 Like

Hey there, we are currently on a trip in Norway too. Navigation stopped to work when we arrived at the lofotes.
Is there any schedule when the fix will be available? Or any chance to get the beta. Would be really happy to continue using kurviger on the rest of the trip to Nordkap.

Best regards
Niklas

I sent you the version via PN.

We plan on releasing the BETA in the next few days and expect the production version about 7 days later.

This is correct.

I am pretty sure about that. We haven’t heard back from @Christian_Luggert or @Max.outdoor yet, so I am not 100% certain that we actually fixed the bug they saw, but I think we should have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the fixed version. I can confirm that the navigation is working again so far.

1 Like

Below the arctic circle it works again.

Ok, so you didn’t try the fixed version that I sent you via a PN? Or have I been a bit too late with the fix for you?

Hi. We are with two and crossed the artic circle north bound yesterday. Today we both have this same issue. Can you plz sent us the fixed version? Thanks regards.

Sure, I sent you the link, sorry for the troubles.

@boldtrn why don’t you simply admit that you intentionally built in this socializing-bug, so that people riding beyond polar circle can meet on the forum, get to know each other and exchange routes and experiences…? :joy::joy::joy:

Can’t we simply have regional route exchange topic…? :wink:

Feel free to open one in Community or Nice Routes - Reports and Recommendations depending on what you plan on doing :wink:

I wish that this was intentional :smiley:

Version 3.3.3 has been released in BETA. The issue should be fixed with this release. Please update to this version if you are seeing issue with this. If you installed the app through the link I sent you, please make sure that you still receive updates form Google Play (currently only if you are in the BETA), if not, I highly recommend to uninstall and reinstall through Google Play.

Can’t start the navigation. Error: Could not parse Kurviger Models

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: samsung - SM-A528B - Android: 14 - WebView: 125.0.6422.54
App-Version: 3.3.2 - 2938
Screen: 384 x 854 px - 2.8125dppx

Bitte installiere das Update… damit sollte das Problem behoben sein.

I had this “Could not parse Kurviger Models” error today once at following coordinates:

61.097640, 7.4751800

Luckily it appeared only once and after giving it another try (I was trying to resume a paused route) it managed to continue navigating.

If you wish to have a closer look at it, I could send you the link to tracked ride and the detailed app version info. I do not have it with me right now, as my android box is still on the bike. I would expect it to be the most recent version (3.3.4) as I am a beta tester and have auto-updates enabled on Kurviger.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting. I assume that this was a different issue than the other issues mentioned in this thread, as they happened not only once and it should be fixed already. If you find a way to reproduce this, please let us know.

1 Like

I think this will be difficult to reproduce, but I will observe if it reoccurs. This is not a real issue, more just a minor inconvenience, because the app managed to recover after first retry.

I do not have any knowledge on how Kurviger works internally, but you might want to have a look at how the App would behave if it is interrupted abruptly (by loss of power supply) in navigation mode and the last saved coordinates are incomplete or corrupted. That would be my best guess, but might be far away from reality.

1 Like

So, the error occurred again, this time while trying to test some key-mapper instead of really trying to navigate somewhere… Also this time, the error disappeared when I pressed “Navigate” again.

Can’t start the navigation. Error: Could not parse Kurviger Models

Device: QUALCOMM - sdm660 for arm64 - Android: 13 - WebView: 101.0.4951.61
App-Version: 3.4.1 - 3327
Screen: 720 x 432 px - 1.1125000715255737dppx

1 Like