Ability to have a "notes" field associated to a waypoint

when I lead a group ride with Kurviger, there are many times that I need to remember to say, or do something when at a given waypoint. Typically this is just one or two sentences of text.
examples include:
“Next gas is 90 miles away”
or
“At this stop the gate pin code is 25257”
or
“at this stop call the restaurant 800-555-1212 with the groups order so it is ready when we arrive”
or
“Announce to group that the next N miles of road always has gravel washout in the curves”

My wish list request is for a notes field to be available in a waypoint so that I can have everything in one app vs using the app to get me to a waypoint and a sheet of paper in my pocket to reference what to do when I get there.

1 Like

Is the space for renaming a VP / SP not sufficient to put in your notes?

There is a lot of space in the name field - but it’s not displayed in the app I guess. Could some Tourer+ member test it? If I navigate with another app I get the whole text - unfortunately (or fortunately?) also as voice announcement:

. . .
Btw: This is true for kurviger files - if exported as gpx file the name field is limited to 120 chars.

I have been trying to do that, whatever text I put there gets verbalized over the speakers of the bike the longer name, the less useful the audio announcement.
It is great when the turn by turn navigation says while I am driving
“in 1000 feet waypoint marathon gas”

its less useful when navigation tries to articulate while I am driving
“in 1000 feet waypoint marathon gas, call the restaurant 800-555-1212 with the groups order so it is ready when we arrive”

for the above reason I kinda feel the name field of a waypoint/viapoint should not dual use as the notes field

Thanks for clarifying. So you need the capability to add a separate note field (I assume would be sufficient only for viapoints) which is not taken in consideration to be verbalized, right?

It is not exactly what you said, perhaps a workaround. My proposal works, when you use a favorite.

My route contains a via-point (1) to announce the gas station (2). When you arrive at the gas station, you should call the restaurant (destination).

In my case the restaurant is a favorite, as for a favorite a note can be taken.

When you arrive at the gas station, you pause navigation, click on the restaurant. Pull the drawer, click the symbol, and you can edit the notes, or copy/paste.

1 Like

your understanding is exactly correct. THANK YOU