Your Smartphones + Settings --- Eure Smartphones + Einstellungen

Hey,
I would be interested to know which smartphones you use for navigation with kurviger and which settings you use to get along with it as long as possible.

I myself use a Gigaset GS370, just because I shot it very cheap once. Today I switched off the automatic display brightness and found out that it really worked well. Since I don’t watch my device all the time anyway I got along with it, it’s a bit darker now but when I want to see something I recognize it.
With the adjusted display brightness I would get a little more than 300km with full battery. But I don’t say anything about the speed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I also thought about ordering a matt display protection film/glass so that it doesn’t reflect that much in the sunshine.

I’m looking forward to reading about your experience and equipment.

Hey,
mich würde mal interessieren welche Smartphones ihr zum Navigieren so benutzt und welche Einstellungen ihr so tätigt damit ihr so lang wie möglich damit auskommt.

Ich selbst nutze eine Gigaset GS370, einfach nur weil ich es mal sehr günstig geschossen habe. Hab heute mal die automatische Displayhelligkeit ausgeschalten und festgestellt, dass das echt gut was gebracht hat. Da ich ja eh nicht ständig aufs Handy glotze bin ich damit auch gut klargekommen, ist eben jetzt etwas dunkler aber wenn ich was sehen will erkenn ich es schon.
Mit der eingestellten Displayhelligkeit würde ich jetzt mit vollem Akku etwas mehr als 300km weit kommen. Über die Geschwindigkeit sage ich aber jetzt mal nichts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Noch dazu hab ich mir überlegt evtl. eine matte Displayschutzfolie/glas zu bestellen damit es bei Sonnenschein nicht mehr so spiegelt.

Freue mich von eurer Asurüstung und Erfahrungen zu lesen.

SONY XZ1 (IP65/68) with Grefay mobile phone holder (horizontal).
Display brightness 100% without automatic adjustment.
Permanently connected to the on-board power socket, therefore unlimited use.

I do have a “Nomu S10 Pro” (IP68) with a “RAM mounts x-grip” type of holder. The phone is permanently connected to an “Optimate O-108” USB charger. Brightness 100%.

Samsung Galaxy S5,
permanently connected to an USB charger placed in the cigarette lighter socket of the car;
therefore unlimited use as well.

Ich habe jetzt für ca. 6000km ein S 5 mini verwendet.
Das ganze ohne wirklichen Probleme. Stromversorgung erfolgt durch Anschluss an die Hupe und einem Netzteil von Garmin. Das ganze weil ich mir noch nicht sicher bin ob ich das zumo 220 oder das Smartphone in Zukunft verwenden werde. Inzwischen favorisiere ich das Smartphone.
Als Halterung verwende ich die Gub2 Halterung welche ich modifiziert habe. Der Usb Anschluss ist in der Halterung fixiert somit ist es unmöglich das der Anschluss im Handy durch Vibrationen zerstört wird. Und da das Handy wasserdicht ist benötige ich keine Hülle und habe somit auch noch nie ein Überhitzungsproblem gehabt.

Das das Handy nicht mit Handschuhen bedient werden kann wird überbewertet.
Zum einen funkt. kurviger in dieser Hinsicht sehr gut
( z.B. automatischer Zoom konfigurierbar !) Zum anderen ist es sogar möglich mit einer billigen Bluetooth Fernbedienung den Zoom vom Lenker aus zu bedienen.
Auch werde ich einen kleinen Touchpen am Motorrad anbringen was auch die Bedienung mit Handschuh möglich macht. Hat sogar den Vorteil einer besseren
" Treffsicherheit" Zur Klarstellung die Bedienung erfolgt nur im Stand nicht während der Fahrt
Aktuell wird gerade auf ein Galaxy A 3 umgestellt das ein etwas helleres Display hat was ein kleiner Nachteil des S 5 war.

have now used an S 5 mini for about 6000km.
The whole thing without any real problems. Power is supplied by connecting to the horn and a Garmin power supply. All because I’m not sure whether I will use the zumo 220 or the smartphone in the future. I now prefer the smartphone.
As a bracket I use the Gub2 bracket which I have modified. The USB connection is fixed in the holder, so it is impossible for the connection in the mobile phone to be destroyed by vibrations. And since the cell phone is waterproof, I don’t need a case and have never had an overheating problem.
! [20200813_120343 | 375x500] (upload: //otHxMlNcZShH157cbbs8WFNXTvy.jpeg) The fact that the cell phone cannot be operated with gloves is overrated.
For one thing, radio. curvier in this regard, very good
(e.g. configurable automatic zoom!) On the other hand, it is even possible to operate the zoom from the handlebars with a cheap Bluetooth remote control.
I will also attach a small touch pen to the motorcycle, which will also enable it to be operated with gloves. Even has the advantage of a better one
“Accuracy” To clarify, the operation only takes place when the vehicle is stationary and not while driving
Currently, a Galaxy A 3 is currently being switched to, which has a slightly brighter display, which was a small disadvantage of the S 5.

1 Like

I am using a Blackview 9600 rugged outdoor device with a matt display cover which can also be used wearing gloves. Fixed to the bike with a very robust and flexible metal lockable holder (http://www.holder4bikers.eu/) - the very convenient wireless charging does unfortunatley not work well on the cartool connection of my BMW though. Using a wired power connection now which works like a charm. Overall a very robust and convient solution.

I have now switched to a Motorola G7 power.
Matte screen protector as on my old navi-smartphone will follow, so I had very good experience with it.
The first test with the G7 Power will unfortunately not be until March.

Ich habe jetzt auf ein Motorola G7 power umgesattelt.
Matte Displayschutzfolie wie auf meinem alten Navi-Smartphone wird folgen, damit hatte ich sehr gute Erfahrungen gemacht.
Der erste Test mit dem G7 Power wird leider erst im März stattfinden.

a short update after one season:
For me, the Motorola G7 Power is simply the best smartphone ever for motorcycle navigation. I haven’t even drained the device once, and I was able to go on 10-hour day trips (including breaks).
In the meantime, I don’t carry a power bank with me and I don’t even think about a power supply any more. And I haven’t yet tested the new function from kurviger that switches off/dims the screen.
Since this season, I’ve also been using a new mount from QuadLock and I’m very happy with it too.

3 Likes