Wieso gibt es kein rein deutsches Forum oder Support

Zuerst mein Dank an alle welche hier bei Fragen weiterhelfen, Entwickler wie Nutzer.

Ich finde es schade aber verständlich, daß Entwickler Ihre begrenzte Zeit nutzen, um möglich viele zu erreichen. Dies ist keine App welche mit monatlichen Beiträgen einen mehrsprachigen Support finanzieren kann.

Die Ansicht, daß Übersetzungsprogramme ein echter Ersatz sind halte ich für Lebensfremd (schon die Übersetzung des deutschen Begriffes “Lebensfremd” sollte dies belegen :slight_smile: ).

Empfehle meinen pragmatischen Ansatz: Ich schreibe in Deutsch und füge die Übersetzung (www.deepl.com) bei. Wenn es ein Muttersprachler beantwortet dann versteht er die Feinheiten meiner Frage, ansonsten könnten auch unzureichende Antworten die Folge sein.

Solange sich keiner beschwert, daß meine Suche nach Antworten in Deutsch ohne Erfolg war und nicht auf Englische Suchbegriffe verweist, halte ich das für einen für alle gangbaren Weg.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

First of all my thanks to all who help here with questions, developers and users.

I find it a pity but understandable that developers use their limited time to reach as many people as possible. This is not an app which can finance a multilingual support with monthly contributions.

The view that translation programs are a real substitute is something I consider alien to life (the translation of the German term “Lebensfremd” should already prove this :smile: ).

Recommend my pragmatic approach: I write in German and attach the translation. If a native speaker answers it then he understands the subtleties of my question, otherwise insufficient answers could be the result.

As long as no one complains that my search for answers in German was unsuccessful and does not refer to English search terms, I consider this a viable way for everyone.

2 Likes

Verflixte Kisten warum ist hier alles auf Englisch.

das ist so richtig aber total Murks, wie soll ich etwas finden, wie soll ich etwas Fragen.

ich weiß noch nicht einmal was ich in diesem Moment mache, bzw. wohin ich schreibe.

So ein Portal brauche ich absolut nicht.

Gruß Michael

If you want to see a forum (with same software) and separate languages,
you can check Ubuntu MATE forum.

The main language of the forum is obviously the international language = English.
But it has some extra sub forums (at the bottom) for: Español, Deutsch, Français.

So how is your experience from that forum? Is it productive / usable / helpful to have the split?

the notion of a main international language = English seems rather pedantic.

Can we agree that Espanol, Deutsch and Francais are also main international languages and why it is felt English perhaps a less international language than e.g. Chinese (?)

Everything to say here has already been said. English is the language that the developers both know and is one of the best-known languages for the target market/audience.
Definitions of what a domain ending implies, or what “international” theoretically means, don’t help us here

If you have any concrete advice or cool ideas on how to manage the forum and the community better please bring them forward anytime :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: … wenn es kein Monopol auf Hauptsprachen gibt. Völlig OK übrigens denke ich das die Entwickler für sich die eigene Sprache bevorzugen. Wirklich internationales wäre dabei vielleicht ein Deutschsprachige bzw Französisch Spanisch us) mit ins Boot zu holen das wäre auch nicht slecht, oder (?). … without claiming the title of Main language. I think its OK that the developers prefer the use of their own language. Really international would perhaps be to team-up with German , resp. French , resp. Spanish and so forth nativ speaking developer or (?) have a nice eve schöne abend noch :+1: :motorcycle:

We are a veeeery small community with very limited financial means :slight_smile: Even if you find a native speaker willing to translate everything now, what will you do when an update comes and that person suddenly doesn’t have time anymore?

Until we have a strong foundation of community builders and responders of diverse backgrounds here in the forum there is not much we can do

1 Like

English is the language of the internet. There are statistics for languages that are used online, for example: Usage Statistics and Market Share of Content Languages for Websites, January 2024

You can find other statistics as well with different numbers based on how they collect the data, but usually English is the clear leader.

Das ist übrigens nicht korrekt, wir haben uns für eine gemeinsame Sprache entschieden.

If you would like to participate, please let us know. There are certainly many different areas where we can use the help of translators. I am always open to discuss options for the community to participate.

1 Like

bei mir keine Kohle nur Ideales :blush: Ich kam zu euch via Kurvenkonig - Deutschsprachig und finde euch hat ein tolle App - sah dann die Kurviger Sprachendiskussion und war nur bissi geschockt von eure Web-Aussage English als Hauptsprache bzw Deutsch usw Untersprachen.

Wenn euch die Deutsche Markt liebt könnte es eine gute Ide sein auf euren Web die Deutsche Sprache top an zu bieten und stets dann zweitens ins English ´übersetzt´ (also aus English ins Deutsch ´torks´ umgekehrt - d.h. die Reihenfolge optisch umgekehrt)).

Und vielleicht findet euch wie zB Wikipedia - Wikimedia mit die Internationale Sprachen umgeht hilfreich - keine Übersetzung aber jede Sprache arbeitet im die gleiche Seite.

same here :grinning: I found your website via Kurvenkonig - German speaking and find you have a great app - then I noted the Kurviger language discussion and was a little shocked by your web statement English main language and German sub languages.

If you love the German market, could it be a good idea to place German language on top and then ‘translate’ into English (i.e. from English into German ‘torks’ reversed - i.e. the order optically reversed)).

And maybe you find how e.g. Wikipedia - Wikimedia on their website deals with the international languages helpful - no main or leading language and each language works on same/similar page.

Finde eure Offenheit für diese Diskussion top. Vielen dank dafür.

Bin nicht ganz überzeugt von Statistics - Internet war zwar im Cern (mindestens 27 Staten!) von einen Britischen Herren erfunden geworden aber sind die meiste im App interessierte Motorradfahrer Englishsprachig? Und das Internet vielsprachiger wertvoller dann dominiert von English als Sprache des Internets.

Gemeinsame Sprache hört sich gut an (aber ich hoffe gemeinsame Sprache ist keine Hauptsprache mit Untersprachen). Eure Website bietet schon die Option eine (aus Zwei) Sprachen zu wahlen - also :+1:.

Bin schön bereit zum Jahresabo und ja options, aber möchte gerne erstmals noch ein bischen Moped fahren weil das Saison 2021 ist leider nur kurz sonst fast wieder vorbei! Danke nochmal für die Offene diskussion machs gut u bis bald grüß

I find your openness for this discussion top - super. Many thanks for it.

I’m not entirely convinced by Statistics - yes the Internet was invented in CERN (at least 27 states!) by a British gentleman but are most of the motorcyclists interested in the app English-speaking? And the Internet more multilingual valuable then dominated by English as the language of the Internet.

Common language sounds good (but I hope common language is not a main language with sub-languages). The choice that your app already provides to select a language as a customer preferred language is a pro I think.

I’m ready for this years annual subscription and yes options, but would like to do a bike tour first coz the season 2021 is v unfortunately rather short! Thanks again for this discussion machs gut wkr

What is most annoying in this forum (and what I haven’t seen anywhere else) is that languages are mixed here, even within the same thread.
I would say the community here is too small to be separated by language, so it could be english-only, so that international users are not excluded by people answering their english questions in german.

3 Likes

[NL] Taal apartheid hoeft hier niet voor mij.
Ik vind trouwens de taal mix hier zeer interessant.
a. Goed om te gewennen aan een andere taal.
b. Technische onderwerpen blijven zo mooi samen.

(Er zijn degelijke vertaalmachines trouwens vlot en vrij beschikbaar.)

The language thing has been finalized:

Wenn the language thing has been finalized, why contribute to the debate (?).

Perhaps have a look at other world wide sites, where no preference for single or ´main´ language.

Technically platformwise there should be no hindrance for easy multiple language communications - see e.g. Ubuntu , Wikimedia etc

Cheers.

ps the heading ´wieso kein rein deutsches Forum oder Support´ seems rather tendential. The objective was to optimize communications, not to hint at a preference of a single language over any other. May the heading it perhaps read Wieso gibt es kein international equal languages Forum oder Support

This is a free world where everyone can write in their preferred language.

Or the forum could split in main English language and sub forums for other languages.
(as mentioned above)

Then I can only participate in English section and have more time for app development.
(instead of reading all posts and replying regardless of their language)

Or move the app forum somewhere else, where everything can be simpler.

Hi - free world where everyone can write to you in their preferred language - super.

no need for the forum to split into main and subs ; in single Forum , instead of using the spression ´main´ language can you perhaps use the expression ´serving´ language : instead of the main English language - the serving English language.

and for those preferring to be replied to in the language of their preference : why not facilitate that thru the use of a e.g. the Deepl translation tool.

making routes to/from easier in an ever changing world mix of technical terms and standards.

if u move the app forum somewhere else then where to maintain opportunity benefitting from idea(l)s in a convenient way.

A post was split to a new topic: Forum registration