Wieso gibt es kein rein deutsches Forum oder Support

Hallo,

ich bin wirklich bemüht die App zu verstehen, aber warum gibt es von einem deutschen Entwickler / Erfinder kein deutsches Forum oder einen deutschen Support???

Ich verstehe zwar Englisch, aber es geht eben nicht so flüssig und man sucht ewig irgendwelche Begriffe und teileweile muss man es eben doch für mache Wörter in den Übersetzer kopieren. Sorry, aber das ist echt anstrengend!!!

4 Likes

Hallo, der Entwickler der App ist @devemux86. Für die Webseite ist @boldtrn zuständig. Da dies ein weltweites Forum ist, wird Englisch als Weltsprache genutzt. Du kannst Deine Fragen aber gerne in Deutsch stellen. :smiley:

3 Likes

Siehe auch The language thing

Noch ein Tipp:

1 Like

Vielen Dank für den Link. Ich habe exakt die gleiche Meinung und verstehe den Ansatz hier nicht. Ich wäre noch nicht mal auf die Idee gekommen nach “The language thing” zu suchen :frowning: und ich komme mit meinem Englisch im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch wirklich zurecht (z.B. 4 Wochen USA Urlaub) aber Fachgespräche … ne sorry, da bin ich raus.

Kann mir bitte jemand erklären warum das nicht möglich ist getrennte Foren zu eröffnen?

“This would be preferable, but not possible.”

Ein Forum.com und ein Forum.de???

1 Like

There are many more than just 2 languages in the world.
We cannot have one forum for each language out there.

(and then app support would exist only in English forum)

I have read it, but the imprint is german so the Kurviger App is a german company. In my opinion a german forum is also in the first place. America first :wink: … german first :wink:

For the international edition there is also the english forum.

This should not be discriminatory …

2 Likes

No, for the app that is not true.
It’s an international app on Google Play.
And we’re friendly to all languages.

Or the app can have its own separate (free) forum in Google and I could answer only there.

I’ve read that, too. I think the imprint is not the domain. So I thought it’s a german company. Whatever! … I’m practicing my English. Excuse me my faults :wink:

I could start a survey, whether we should open a german Facebook group.

1 Like

@koecky

GERMAN

Ich hänge mich da ausnahmsweise mal mit rein, weil wir diese Diskussion auch schon früher wiederholt und erst vor Kurzem wieder hatten und ich vor Kräfteverschleiß warnen möchte. :wink:

Sprachlich getrennte Foren machen deswegen keinen Sinn, weil sich die Themen ja zum größten Teil gleich bleiben oder überschneiden. Und dann müssten die Entwickler (die die meisten Fragen beantworten), mehrfach antworten. Das ist weder zumutbar noch praktisch möglich.

Umgekehrt müsste man dann als Nutzer auf der Suche nach einer bereits gegebenen Antwort alle einzelsprachlichen Foren durchsuchen.

Ich halte das nicht für praktikabel.

Dass einer der Entwickler in Deutschland sitzt, ändert daran überhaupt nichts - es ist einfach kein “deutsches” Programm (was sollte das sein?), und auch die Zielgruppe ist eben international.

Wir müssen doch alle damit leben, dass die IT- und Technik-Welt internationalisiert ist und die “Weltsprache” (zumindest in der “westlichen Welt” - demnächst kommt mit Sicherheit Chinesisch als zweite Weltsprache dazu) nun mal Englisch ist.

Umgekehrt liefert die IT-Welt inzwischen auch hervorragende Tools zur automatischen Übersetzung.

Ich denke, dass man damit gut leben kann, unabhängig von den individuellen fremdsprachlichen Kompetenzen.

Das Bestreben, ein paralleles deutschsprachiges Forum aufzuziehen, wäre eine Sackgasse.

ENGLISH

For once I want to get involved in this discussion, because we had this discussion before and only recently had it again and I want to warn you about frustration :wink:

Language-separated forums don’t make sense because the topics remain the same or overlap each other for the most part. And then the developers (who answer most questions) would have to answer several times. This is neither reasonable nor practically possible.

Conversely, the user would have to search all single-language forums in search of an already given answer.

I don’t think this is practicable.

The fact that one of the developers is resident in Germany doesn’t change anything - it’s simply not a “German” program (what should this be?), and the target group is international.

We all have to live with the fact that the IT and technology world is internationalized and that the “world language” (at least in the “western world” - Chinese will surely be added as a second world language soon) is English.

Conversely, the IT world now also provides excellent tools for automatic translation.

I think that one can live with it well, regardless of individual foreign language skills.

The attempt to set up a parallel German-speaking forum would be a dead end.

6 Likes

Yup.

Personal opinion: The benefit of having less confusion is MUCH greater than the detriment of losing people who are not willing to use a translator plugin.

Big applause to @koecky for trying and actually making an effort to use this as a learning opportunity! :clap: shows character

3 Likes

Cooperation and community first.

2 Likes

I have a different opinion on that. There are many forums on the internet and the developer does not always have to be present to answer the questions. It would be carried by the experienced users themselves. Therefore my suggestion to create a german group on Facebook. Because the topic always comes up, it seems to be important.

I admit that it was not nice of me to confront you directly. I was annoyed about some points in the app and then the english forum was added. My thought was… oh God, how cumbersome. The german name “Kurviger” doesn’t make sense of an international app for me. It’s not called “curvy” or similar.

I’m very sorry about that. It’s very nice here and all users handle each other very respectfully. Unfortunately you don’t see this often in forums.

I can live with the fact that I get my information here in english.

We did thought about how to properly setup the community. We did have a look at multiple multilingual communities and compared how well their approach works. Separate forums usually work well for the language majority if there is any. The other languages are lost. We could think about maybe adding a German category here in the forum, but I don’t really see the point. You can post in German if you want in any category already.

1 Like

Then you have not only a language break but also a platform break … the best way to split a community. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

If there is a language / platform break, I will reconsider the future of the application forum:

Please ! don’t loose out of sight, that there are severe disadvantages of a facebook based forum.

It would not only be much ! less structured, and everyone needs a facebook account and you pay indeed with your personal data and by that support Zuckerberg’s dubious business model.

I am sorry, but for ME this would indeed be a reason to leave the forum. :frowning_face:

I am sure I am not the only one who rejects facebook, and we would perhaps loose all the customers who do not want to be forced to have a facebook account to get support for Kurviger.

5 Likes

Wer Facebook Privat für sich nutzen möchte, kann dies gerne tun. Aber als Basis für ein Kurviger-Forum finde ich es nicht gut.

If you would like to use Facebook Private for yourself, you are welcome to do so. But as a basis for a Kurviger-Forum I don’t like it.

4 Likes

ah ok, danke!!

Gute Arbeit, die Ihr das macht. Nur dass das Forum hauptsächlich auf Englisch ist, finde ich nicht gut!
Ihr seid eine deutsche Webseite, da sollte das Forum auch deutschsprachig sein.

Viele Grüße.
Kurt

1 Like
1 Like

GERMAN

Schade, dass du nicht den gesamten Thread liest - genau darauf wurde hier doch zuvor schon eingegangen.

Es nutzt ja nichts, dieselben Argumente ohne neue Begründungen nur zu wiederholen.

ENGLISH

It’s a pity that you don’t read the whole thread - this is exactly what was mentioned here before.

It’s not useful just to repeat the same arguments without new justifications.

4 Likes