A post was merged into an existing topic: App: Waypoint names

Hallo nochmal,
will nochmal nachfragen zu Wegpunktnamen im Kurviger Planer ändern.

Wenn ich eine Route im Kurviger Planer erstelle möchte ich bei einem Stop
bei einem Hotel, Gasthof, …, einen Wegpunkt setzen und dem einen Namen geben.

In der App benoetige ich das nicht.

Gruß

@iMac hier geht es um die Beta App 1.13.9

Zum Ändern eines Namens:

• lange auf den Wegpunkt drücken
  • bearbeiten auswählen

oder

• kurz auf den Wegpunkt drücken, dann erscheint eine gelbe “Blase”
  • dann lange auf die “Blase” drücken.
  • bearbeiten auswählen

In der Webseite gibt es das noch nicht.
Fragen dazu bitte hier: Website: Waypoint names

1 Like

It’s now possible to assign names to waypoints in the website.

You can do this either in the waypoint list or in the waypoint popup:

Screenshot from 2020-07-03 10-12-57
Screenshot from 2020-07-03 10-13-49

Currently, exporting waypoint names is not available (except .kurviger / url / qr-code).

5 Likes

Vielen Dank,Vielen Dank,Vielen Dank,Vielen Dank,Vielen Dank…

1 Like

Thanks for implementing the new features also in website! :+1:

If you want to use the given names in a GPX, as an interim solution you can use the konverter Shaping with the combination of exported GPX and exported .kurviger file as described in the last paragraph of Help

Regards Markus

#########################################################################

Vielen Dank für den Einbau der neuen Funktionen auch in die Website! :+1:

Wenn Ihr die vergebenen Namen in einem GPX verwenden wollt, könnt Ihr als Zwischenlösung den Konverter Shaping mit der Kombination aus exportiertem GPX und exportierter .kurviger-Datei verwenden, wie im letzten Absatz von Help beschrieben.

Ciao Markus

Hi,

I did some tries with the waypoint names on the website, there is a behaviour which might be a bug, I do following:

• clear route and overlay
  • enter “sellajoch” in start field and select hit “mountain_pass”
  • enter “passo rolle” in destination field and select hit “mountain_pass”
  • add further destination
  • enter “passo duran” in destination field and select hit “mountain_pass”
  • result: Kurviger

Now clicking on the markers does not show the name:

Nevertheless the names are shown in the list on the left:

And using the pulldown menu on the left does not offer “set name” - just disabled “reset name”:

If I chose “rename” and click on option “Set name” in “rename”, then the right name is given:

So my proposal is: If a point is added via the search function the name of the added point should be set automatically to the name of the search result.
From my point of view this should be also done when adding a point via context menu of mountain pass icon image on the map.

As far as I have seen, in the app this is already done for search results:

There seems to be no context menu function for mountain passes in the app.

Regards

Markus

You need to explicitly set the name.
Note the difference between “Waypoint-Interaction” and “Search result”

Hi,
yes, I know, and I wrote it:

But to say it clear: I think, the solution of the app is much better: Entering a point using the search result automatically sets the waypoint name.
I have some doubts if anybody wants to have the coordinates as name - but if you want to have the useful names, you save a lot of clicks.
Regards Markus

Well I usually set my own names anyway, so not much extra clicking for me.
E.g. I would search for Regensburg, and than rename it into “Markus”.
And I would be upset if the program would then enter “Markusplatz, Venedig” :wink:

The app is a bit different, as it has a dedicated search field that is not mixed with the waypoint list.

Manfred

[quote=“boldtrn, post:30, topic:216”]
Wegpunkten auf der Website Namen zuzuweisen
[/quote]strong text

Es ist Top daß man die Namen auf der Webseite zuweisen kann,
Perfekt wäre es wenn der Name:
“Best Burgers in Town” auf der Karte in der Route für die “1” sichtbar wäre.

Thanks for testing this feature and for your valuable feedback!

The website uses two different concepts here.

One is the address. The address is the result of a search. If you for example move this waypoint, the address is gone. Which makes sense, because a different coordinate results in a different address.

For example, I wouldn’t want my names to contain zip codes, countries, etc. It is very easy to set the address as name as well.

The name is a user-set variable, that identifies the waypoint. This sticks to the waypoint.

BTW: as always, I am open for discussion, if you think this should be different, we can certainly discuss about this.

This works as you describe it, have you tried it?

Wie meinst du das? Wo sollte das sichtbar sein?

Bei vielen Wegpunkten wird die Übersichtlichkeit der Route verschlechtert, wenn bei jedem Wegpunkt in der Karte der Name mit angezeigt würde.

Ein Einblenden der Wegpunktnamen könnte evtl. als Zusatzfeature wie das Ausblenden der Wegpunkte und der Route mittels Tastaturkürzel vorgesehen werden. Wäre dann aber nur mit Tastatur nutzbar. Für Touchsreen könnten diese Zusatzfeatures evtl. in der erweiterten bzw. überarbeiteten Symbolleiste vorgesehen werden. Könnte somit ein weiterer Punkt für die vermutlich schon recht lange To-Do-Liste sein :wink:.

Derzeit gibt es verschiedene Möglichkeiten, den Name eines Wegpunkts in der Karte anzuzeigen:

Als Tooltip: Nur mit Maus möglich.
Bei Mouseover, d.h. der Mauszeiger ist auf dem Wegpunkt-Marker.

Als Popup: Mit Maus und bei Touchscreen möglich.
Bei Maus Linksklick des Markers öffnet ein Popup mit dem Namen des Wegpunkts und verschiedenen Infos und wählbare Aktionen.
Bei Touchsreen kurze Berührung des Markers.

Als Kontextmenü: Mit Maus und Touchsreen möglich.
Bei Maus Rechtsklick des Markers öffnet das Kontextmenü mit Name des Wegpunkts und wählbaren Aktionen.
Bei Touchscreen lange Berührung des Markers öffnet das Kontextmenü mit Name des Wegpunkts und wählbaren Aktionen.

1 Like

Hi,
as far as I can see this does not work.
Example:

• clear route and overlay
  • pan map to sellajoch
  • click right on mountain pass icon in map → Set as start
  • result: image
  • click on triangle down in start entry in point list on the left → rename → set name
    result: still coordinates in name: image

Hmmmm - doing more tries I have seen, that the right click seems not to be detected as a right click on the icon but just as a right click on the map (perhaps a misunderstanding from my side):

• I move the pointer over the mountain pass icon → Tooltip “Sellajoch” appears
  • I do not move the mouse (toauchpad → definitely no movement)
  • mouseclick right → menu appears - I thought that is was the menu of that mountain pass, but it seems to be the menu of the map
    What is the right way to add that mountain pass to the route ?

I use Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) on Windows 7.

Concerning the strategies address ↔ waypoint name: I think I understand the problem and I did not consider it.

Usually I use the search function not for addresses, but for POIs like mountain passes etc. In this case it is a nice feature to see this names also in the route in the navigation device (export / transfer via GPX).

I have to admit that this was not my idea but a proposal of an other user of Kurviger/ this forum - but trying that I have seen that this is a nice feature! Starting with the app, I have seen, that it copies just the name of the mountain pass to the waypoint name (as shown in screenshot above) - it was not necessary to edit it (as mentioned in App: Waypoint names - #27 by rumbrummer).

The website also adds postcode and address to the name - I think, the solution to put it at the end is good, because in my usecase (mountain pass) the mountain pass name is most important, if the name (pass name + address) exceeds a certain length, the address wil be cut off partial in the navigation device.

I do not know, how often a waypoint entered yia search is moved afterwards (probably you have some statistics), in my case it is quite rare.

I do not have a really good idea, just a solution which leads to more necessary clicks in that use case and also leads to more implementation effort:

• when entering a waypoint via search, set the search result name as waypoint name and also a flag “not_moved” for that waypoint
  • when moving that waypoint 1st time, ask once “Unset waypoint time ?” and unset it, if confirmed
  • if unsetting name is denied, keep the set name also after moving

An other - perhaps better - possibility would be to unset the name after moving without confirmation. To avoid that the user has to use the “set name” explicitely. But - as far as I see - this also would increase the implementation effort. The benefit is, that using the search without moving the resulting waypoint keeps the name of the search result without further clicks. And users moving the waypoint afterwards do not get misleading waypoint names.

And not to forget: The existing solution is already very good - it is much easier to do just 3 further clicks to set the name than entering it manually! So - of course - thanks a lot for your implementation work! I know, that it is much easier to criticize or to fantasize about new ideas than to implement them ;-).

Thanks and regards

Markus

boldtrn: Wie meinst du das? Wo sollte das sichtbar sein?

Wenn ich in der Webseite zmb. den Wegpunkt “5” in “Hotel” umbenenne und die Route in die Kurviger App
übertrage und nachfahre, sollte wenn ich an Wegpunkt “5” komme dort dann “Hotel” erscheinen.
Sonst müsste ich mir ja jedesmal den Hinweis Wegpunkt “5” ist “Hotel” extra notieren.

Gruß

Es “erscheint” nicht - aber du bekommst den akkustischen Hinweis “in 300 m Hotel”, wenn es kein Formpunkt ist und “Wegpunkte in Anweisungen” eingeschaltet ist.

It does not “appear” - but you get the acoustic hint “in 300 m Hotel” if it is not a shaping point and “Waypoints in instructions” is switched on.

2 Likes

That’s not how you include POIs in your route. Left click on the POI and then in the popup click on route planner and select the option you like :slight_smile:.

If possible, I like to avoid any pop-ups :slight_smile:.

Actually I don’t have a statistic for this. But at least the way I plan, I move them around. And I personally don’t care about the address too much, if I want to name a point, I set a name. But this might be different for others, so I think it’s good to discuss about this.

This is how it works right now, isn’t it? That’s why we differ between address and name, to overwrite the address by default.

:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Hi,
thanks for the hint - that works fine, and the name of the waypoint is set automatically :+1: . I think I should have found out that myself without help :blush:

I think there is a small difference: After using the search the name is not set automatically - my description was not precise: The idea was the same as the previous proposal, but without confirmation:

• when entering a waypoint via search, set the search result name as waypoint name
  • when moving that waypoint unset the name
  • To avoid unsetting the name the user has to use the “set name” explicitely before moving

I had a look at the kurviger files exported from website: There seems to be a field “address” for each waypoint added via search, which contains the search result in any case (if I explicitely set a name or not) - so if no entry “name” is available, I can use the entry “address” to get a name different from “waypoint 2” - problem solved :smiley:.

But perhaps in the future (if exporting GPX with waypoint types and names for use with Garmin devices) this discussion might be useful. Perhaps then you have more statistics about the user behaviour (how many users add the serach result to the route and set the name explicitely afterwards ?).
And I think, the information shown after click on marker
is more useful than
but this might be also achieved by displaying the available address instead of “Ziel” …

Thanks for your feedbacks and your time!

Regards

Markus

I created a follow-up topic for this: Website: Waypoint names - #45 by rumbrummer

Yes for now we can certainly show the address as well :slight_smile:.