We just released an update on the Kurviger website that makes it a lot easier to check closed roads. In addition to the raw OSM data, we also show you a textual representation of the closure so it’s easier to understand when you can use the road.

2 Likes

Tested this new feature and looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

In general I think this is a real improvement. However, I’m desperately missing an option to avoid such a section or road already at planning time. Instead of inserting shaping points to avoid the section it would be much more convenient to just put a blocker on the particular section. This would also give the router more freedom to calculate a different, more attractive route.
It would be great if you could add such an option to the pop up menu at right mouse click. Thanks!

thanks and I fully agree, does not make much sense calculating a route which includes closed roads.

Those are time restrictions and how are you or Kurviger supposed to know when you want to go that way?

1 Like

Than offer an option to prevent the road blocks and the roads blocks with time restrictions, so make 2 routes, one with the detour and one without. Ofcourse I do not expect Kurviger to know when I want to go that way.

Closed road are taken into account by Kurviger, if the data in OSM are entered correctly. Temporary closures are displayed in the route and I think you can then see for yourself why the area is red on the route.

2 Likes

Sure, but that’s not my point. Planning a route on Wednesday for a tour on Sunday while knowing about roads which are closed for motorbikes on Sunday is currently not supported. Therefore I was just asking for an option to block certain roads or sections manually.

Besides conditionally closed roads there might be other reasons why you would like to avoid certain roads such as bad surface, temporary construction work or frequent congestion.

In OsmAnd you can maintain your own list of blocked roads which works pretty good for me.

That what the potentially closed roads are for, you can check the closures on your route with that feature.

Yes, that is something we want to implement for a long time now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, but it does! :sob: And this is how I found this discussion, as I’m annoyed by the fact that I can’t make my long route in the winter (4000+ km), when I have the time, and follow it on the summer.
Why this feature can’t be toggled or add an additional option, “departure at”?

Of course you can plan your tour in winter and ride in summer.
Potentially closed does not mean you can’t ride there. The road might be closed for specific hours of a day.

You need to check yourself if you are affected by this closure, that can’t be easily automated.
Kurviger gives you a hint why a road might be closed.

2 Likes