The old solution should have worked before the “big Sygic update”. The new way should also work (Except for the via point ordering, that is currently messed up - see above for a workaround)

OK, thanks.
I’ve tried it again, none of my 2 phones opens or offers the sygic app for the link. Only klicking on the URL in PC-Browser brings me to the Sygic webplanner, where I can (again) send an email to me, with the route embedded. Now, opening this second mail on my phone, the button “start navigation” launches Sygic directly. This is annoying.
Sygic is my fallback, I buyed it when it seemed that the time for my old Tomtom was over. Thank god, I’m currently not forced to use a phone on my bike.

1 Like

Could you provide a bit more information, what version of Sygic, what phone, os version etc. are you using? Maybe you could share a sample url that works and that doesn’t work?

To be clear, I dont blame Kurviger for this! I use the sygic app not for planned bike tours. It’s like a PITA, as it numbers the waypoints with characters! :roll_eyes: This leads to a complete rubbish look on the screen, filled with As, Bs… Xs and #s in the route.

But sometimes, it would be nice to plan a car ride or something, where the exact way is pointless. So, it would be helpful, to have a working export format for sygic.

I can forward the mail with the working link to you, which address?

Sygic Versions are 18.8.2 and 18.8.4 on a Samsung S5 active and S5 neo respectively. So Android 4.xy and 6.xy.

Behaviour is the same, only the mail from Sygic website with the Start Navigation button in it launches Sygic App, resp. lets me chose which app should handle this.

The latest version right now is 20.X, so you might want to update, if this is possible, but it might not be available on these old Android versions.

I just double checked, the reason might be how you open the url. Try to open the file via your regular web browser (like Google Chrome), then it should offer you to use Sygic. When you use the option “open downloaded file” for some reason Sygic is not offered.

I updated the export result, I hope it works better now :slight_smile:

Hi,

no, it doesn’t work. :disappointed_relieved:

Kurviger export to maps.sygic.com = fine
Kurviger export to Sygic App = not fine
Kurviger export to maps.sygic.com = fine and then export to the Sygic App = not fine

Seems the new Sygic app has a big problem on iOS.
If you create a new route on maps.sygic.com with 26 waypoints (A-Z), the export to the app is also broken.

At least then it’s not a problem of Kurviger :innocent:

Thanks for testing this, let’s hope this gets fixed soon :slight_smile:

Ok, the update race… I thought, I updatet not so long ago.
So, know I’m confused to the max. I updatet one device and nothing changed. Put phone aside, did some other things, came back to this discussion, tested again and guess what: it worked, the route got loaded to sygic, everything looks fine.

Took the other device, not updatet. With opening the exportet route in Google Drive and klicking on the link, the system offered Sygic to open and guess what: It startet and the route got loaded.

Back to first phone, test again, this time sygic opens but with no route loaded. Who can work this out? It’s a mess, unreliable, useless. (again, I blame Sygic for all this)

I will put this app aside, let it alone, do not use it, except for some rare moments of offline navigation, which works.

1 Like

I have 2 android phones: one has sygic 20.5 and one sygic 19.
20.5 sucks because of the missing hold and move waypoint finction, but it works for the routes exported from kurviger. 19 is the prefect sygic release at this moment, but the export from kurviger does only open sygic, not the route. My friends who have ios sygic version 18.6 can see the exported routes from kurviger without a problem. But not on 20.5.
As for being confused I’m joining the club…

Why not use Kurviger app on Android devices
and any compatible app (like Scenic) on iOS?

Then all these problems with third-party apps / devices would be avoided.

1 Like

Tried it: shaky, max speed indication missing on too many occasions, no real 3D view, missing speed cameras, traffic, but above all: missing upcoming gas stations (see my previous request). The last one is for me the most important reason not to use kurviger. But the planning is fantastic.

It seems to have nothing useful!

Google Maps has it all and it’s free, so we don’t need all these weird services and apps.

Sorry, don’t quite understand this reply. Again, my most important requirement is the contonuous display of upcoming gas stations and the distance to these gas stations. See my post of September 2019.

I can not verify it.
Try the Kalman filter if your device / GPS does not work correctly.

Whatever is available in OpenStreetMap data.

Real 3D on 2D screens…
It is not a game, the 3D view is similar to other OpenGL maps.

It is not legal.

It does not exist in OpenStreetMap data.

Kurviger’s online search does not support POI search along route paths.

The app was not created by Sygic or Google and is not paid like their many developers.

1 Like

I think you’re doing a great job so I’ll refrain to respond and enjoy kurviger as is. Thanks

You must have a very small tank … or do you just fill up for 5 € to save weight? :wink:
I do not even turn on the gas stations in the map layers, because if I fill up once a day (okay - sometimes twice), I can organize it without any display.

1 Like

We mostly drive in areas where there aren’t many gas stations. We can do 300km, but we tend to fill up at 250 depending on availability. I start checking at 150, and it wouldn’t be the first time that we need to fill up at 200. My routes are planned based on mountain passes including off road, not on gas stations. And i like to ride those routes, not trying to find gas stations and riding back and forth to them. Sygic provides this function. We mostly fill up twice a day.
I agree that in most places there are enough stations available, the farest 50 km away. But even then its a useful function, you to ride as long as possible without refill. Some people prefer speed limit warning at 40 km above max allowed limit (there goes 'illegal" as an excuse not to incorporate speed cameras :grinning:), i prefer knowing the gas stations…
BTW i carry an extra 5 liters just in case)

Hello,
I’d like to ask if it’s possible to have the Sygic URL offered as a QR code in the Sygic export options, or in the “Share link” tab on the web site?

The “download file” step seems to be an extra few clicks that aren’t needed.

Use case - (bold steps are the ones that I think are unnecessary, italics is the proposed option)

• plan a route on the web site,
  • click export,
  • set additional waypoint options,
  • click generate link /link to file
  • download file
  • open file in browser
  • click URL
  • scan QR code with phone
  • open link in Sygic

Thank you for considering

1 Like

Right now that’s unfortunately not possible, but it could be added in the future, thanks for the proposal.

Sadly enough sygic has completely changed and turned into a google maps copy with focus on cars and android car. I for one stopped using it.
Using kurviger as only navigation now, and loving it, except for the missing poi on route :wink:

1 Like