That is an AWESOME suggestion!
That would cover both use cases, the spontaneous and the pre-planning, and to me the latter is much more important

1 Like

Perhaps you can make use of the opening_hours library
https://github.com/opening-hours/opening_hours.js
in order to equip the popup with a more comprehensible time scale as can be seen on
https://openingh.openstreetmap.de/evaluation_tool/

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, we cannot use the opening_hours library. Internally it uses the YoHours library which is licensed under AGPL, that’s why the opening_hours library is licensed under AGPL as well. Basically, we cannot easily use code that’s under GPL or AGPL.

I did some research today in regards to the overlay. There are quite some issues with the overlay. There are a lot (I estimate this to be a 5 digit number; > 10.000 entries) of restrictions that are not valid anymore, especially in the Czech Republic (I really wonder why the Czech Republic is such a hotspot?). So we cannot simply show all conditional restrictions. I am not sure if outdated conditional access values should be deleted. I wouldn’t want to do this automatically and I am not sure if this would be the right approach - probably that’s something that has to be discussed in the OSM mailing list.

Therefore, we would still need to parse the restrictions. This also means that there is no straight forward solution available.

I attached a hacky visualization below :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’m not happy with this new feature, because we use Kesselberg downhill on weekend to go home. To block this road everytime would struggle a lot of trips of persons who don’t know the details.
I would prefer if Kurviger would always / all the time calculate the road without any blocks and would give a colour information to check this part of the street to decide if it is a oneway block, a saturday, sonday, weekend or whatever.

Best regards
Juschka

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Juschka. We will see how and if an overlay can be done. There are quite some tricky things to consider (see my post above). But we will certainly have a look whats possible.

Cheers,
Robin

Route color feature vs (fixed) Colored segments (also discussed below) do not mix easily.

Is maybe useful to skip the roads in germany that are forbidden for motards?
I’m going to the Eifel about 2 weekend and I found out that the routes I make are going over forbidden roads.

Screenshot_20190602-152659_Maps|405x499

@Jan I moved your question to the existing topic :slight_smile:.

Thank you boldrtn

Hi, Kurviger is great application, only thing I miss is to avoid closed roads during navigating. There is free source for Czech republic, offered by National registry for traffic informations. Here is more info in ENglish http://registr.dopravniinfo.cz/en/sources/cz-ndic_d2-restrictions/

As there are many closed roads for construction works in whole country for some last years, I’d like Kurviger can use this informations for better planning.

1 Like

Thanks for the question, I just moved your questions to the appropriate discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am happy to report that such an overlay feature was just added to the Kurviger website. The feature is still experimental. Please report your experience with this feature.

In my experience so far, this feature works pretty good and can help to avoid conditionally closed roads a lot!

4 Likes

Woh perfect. I’ve found the additional function -first I was not sure were to activate.
Could you please check the Kesselberg:
Kesselberg

In direction of Walchensee-Kochelsee there are no conditions - it’s allowed to drive all time. Only in direction starting in Kochel it’s forbidden on Saturday, Sonday and banking holidays.

I’m happy to check our routes in future with these additionally function.
BR juschka

1 Like

I love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The only problem left are the restrictions which only exist in one direction, as juschka has already written.
Of course, OSM users can open their JOSM or whatever in order to check which direction is “forward” on the affected way. But as far as I know, others can’t find it out and likely don’t understand that “forward / backward” thing at all.
I guess it is not possible for the routing algorithm to get the information whether the road is being used in forward or backward direction. In this case, it is better to warn the user that there could be a restriction, of course. Just like you have implemented it now.

1 Like

Something is buggy here: https://kurv.gr/vvLG3
The restriction itself is displayed correctly with the red line.
But if I click on the little road sign between Trafoi and Neuwies, a popup opens which shows “OSM ID: 73257936” and no explanation. It turns out that this ID belongs to a different road.
If I reverse the direction of the tour, the correct information is shown: “OSM ID: 172951992 access:conditional: no @ (Oct-Apr)”

1 Like

Thanks for the kind feedback!

Yes, these cases are currently not solved yet. I am not sure, if we can solve this with reasonable effort. World wide, I could only find two roads (except minor residential roads and stuff like that) that have a conditional restriction in one direction: the Kesselberg and the B 236 near Schmallenberg.

Thanks for finding this. I just fixed this, should work as expected now.

Please let us know, if there is anything else.

Wow Robin this works extremely well, really nice. And also the changes to the height-diagram that you snuck in there together with this… just… beautiful. I really use that diagram a lot and it just got 3 times better.

Quick note to everyone using a scriptblocker, you need to allow a new script for the pop-up-explanation-dialogs to work, I just tripped over this myself and was just about to write a complaint here :smiley:

Edit: could we maybe use a different shade of red (or not red at all, something more friendly maybe?) for the “this road is above that limit” feature? It clashes with the road closure and doesn’t let you differentiate between the two

Edit2: also could you maybe “save” the height setting of the diagram, so that it survives a recalculation? Changing a waypoint or a routing setting recalculates the diagram (obviously), and currently that resets the height indicator to the defaullt (lowest) setting

1 Like

This overlay feature ist way better than to try to avoid those roads in the routing, especially if you plan your tour in advance.

:bulb:The user can make an educated guess:
Those restrictions are usually in uphill direction.
In the elevation diagram you can see if your route is uphill or downhill.

Manfred

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Good point, could you create a different topic about this :slight_smile:, so we can keep the discussion here about conditional restrictions. Feel free to also add the “remember height” setting :slight_smile:.

Thanks for the proposal @Patrick, I just changed the color to a friendly light blue :slight_smile: