Waypoints: Shaping points

Problembeschreibung:
In der abgebildeten Route kreuzt sich der Wegverlauf im rot umrandeten Bereich. Bei der Planung der Route habe ich keine Wepunkte, sondern ausschließlich Shaping-Punkte gesetzt, damit ich z.B. bei gesperrten Straßen etc. nicht zwingend zu diesem “gesperrten” Wegpunkt geleitet werde. Dabei bin ich davon ausgegangen, dass das Routing aber dennoch dem Nummernverlauf der Shaping-Punkte folgt, selbst wenn einer der Punkte in der Reihenfolge nicht angefahren wird. Im konkreten Fall war es so, dass das Navi in Cavalese Straßen nehmen wollte, bei denen die Durchfahrt nicht erlaubt war (z.B. Einbahnstraße). Aufgrund der eingeschalteten Neuberechnung bin ich davon ausgegangen, dass das Routing mich zum Punkt 4 führt, unabhängig davon, welchen Weg ich in Cavalese genommen habe. Das war aber nicht so. Bach dem Erreichen von Punkt 7, wurden die Punkte 4-6 nicht mehr angefahren. Das Navi hat diesen „Kreis“ völlig ignoriert.

Fragen:
Erfolgt das Routing bei Shaping-Points nicht in der Reihenfolge der Nummern?
Müsste man in solchen Fällen den Punkt 4 als Wegpunkt statt als Shaping-Point setzen?

Problem description:
In the route shown, the course of the route crosses in the area outlined in red. When planning the route, I did not set any waypoints, but only shaping points, so that I am not necessarily guided to this “blocked” waypoint, e.g. when roads are blocked. I assumed that the routing would still follow the number sequence of the shaping points, even if one of the points was not approached in the sequence. In this specific case, the navigation system wanted to take roads in Cavalese where passage was not permitted (e.g. one-way street). Because the recalculation was switched on, I assumed that the routing would take me to point 4, regardless of which route I took in Cavalese. But this was not the case. After reaching point 7, points 4-6 were no longer approached. The Navi completely ignored this “circle”.

Questions:
Doesn’t the routing for shaping points take place in the order of the numbers?
In such cases, should point 4 be set as a waypoint instead of a shaping point?

If you mean navigation, it can follow the route exactly without shortcuts,
when select “Strict navigation” in “Settings | Navigation | Navigation type”.

For more details please see the manual:

https://docs.kurviger.de/app/manual/pro#rerouting_route_recalculation

In any case and with such complicated routes,
it is recommended to turn off automatic rerouting:

https://docs.kurviger.de/app/faq/navigate_with_manual_rerouting

Waypoints are all points that participate in route calculation
and they can be start + via or shaping points + destination.

You can read more about waypoints, their types (via or shaping points)
and their use in routing and navigation in the manual:

https://docs.kurviger.de/app/manual/route#waypoints_-_the_basis_of_route_planning

Ich hatte dazu früher mal was geschrieben:
Hinweis: Statt “Routen-Neuberechnungsmodus” heißt es jetzt “Navigationstyp

I had written something about this earlier:
Note: Instead of route “recalculation mode” it is now called “navigation type”.

1 Like

@linux-user, if you agree, then I’ll add the advantages and disadvantages described by you to the manual. Is this ok for you?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

EDIT: Screenshot from my draft environment:

3 Likes

Of course you can include this in the documentary.

2 Likes