Using Kurviger.de on an Android Navigation System

Hello,

I use Kurviger since 3 or 4 years now and I thing it is fantastic. At the past I alsways used my phone to get audio instructions to my headphone system without using the screen of the phone.
Now I start to thing about bying an Navigation system with android system on to use the Kurviger App directly on this Navigation system without phone. I’m getting old and want to see where I have to go :wink:.
Does anyone have expirience with an Navigation system (Android like the ELEBEST W5) in combination with Kurviger App?

Thanks for feedback
Matze

wie wäre es denn mit so etwas…

Top 10: Wasserdichte Smartphones bis 400 Euro

Integrated solutions (in all vehicle types) are restricted platforms.
(for example here and here)

They can never have the flexibility of Android phones or tablets,
where you can install many more applications of any kind.

1 Like

The W5 is a winCE system…it use an Igo version. So its not possible to install kurviger app.
If you want to use it, the you have to buy the A6 Pro. But it use Android 6 and has only 1 meg ram.
Better to use an cheap outdoor phone like OUKITEL WP5 (2020) 4G Outdoor Smartphone, 8000mAh Battery, IP68, MTK6761 4GB + 32GB, 13MP + 2MP + 2MP, Android 9.0, GPS WiFi roundabout 130€.

BR

Cine

Das gibt es auch mit Android 6. Das hatte ich auch im Fokus. Aber heutzutage nur mit Android 6 ausliefern. Kleiner Speicher, das war mir in Summe zu heikel.
Letztlich wurde es ein
OUKITEL WP5 Pro Global Version 5.5 inch IP68/IP69K Waterproof 8000mAh Android 10 13MP Triple Rear Camera 4GB 64GB MT6762D 4G Smartphone - Black
Die wichtigen Merkmale FETT hervorgehoben. Da gibt es immer wieder Angebote. 104,-€ habe ich gelöhnt.

EN

This is also available with Android 6. I had that in focus too. But nowadays only deliver with Android 6. Small memory, that was too tricky for me in total.
In the end it became an
OUKITEL WP5 Pro Global Version 5.5 inch IP68/IP69K Waterproof 8000mAh Android 10 13MP Triple Rear Camera 4GB 64GB MT6762D 4G Smartphone - Black
The important features highlighted in BOLD. There are always deals to be had there. 104, - € I have paid.

I use a Samsung Xcover 4 with 16 GB memory and 64 GB microSD card (second-hand for about 50 - 60 €). . There is also the successor 4S with more memory and a little bit faster, but also a lot more expensive and the Xcover 5 is said to be in the starting blocks.

It’s an outdoor phone with a removable battery. You take the cover off and you can change the battery if you need to. I do this when needed during heavy rain driving to avoid charging problems.

But the biggest advantage for me with this device; the Touch can actually be operated very well with gloves. This means that even small things can be done while driving, such as skipping the next waypoint.

ich benutze ein Samsung Xcover 4 mit 16 GB Spericer und 64GB MicroSD Card (Gebraucht für ca. 50 - 60 € zu bekommen). . Es gibt auch den Nachfolger 4S mit mehr Speicher und ein klein wenig schneller, aber auch einiges teurer und auch das Xcover 5 soll in den Startlöchern stehen.

Es ist ein Outdoortelefon mit einem Wechselakku. Nimmst den Deckel ab und kannst den Akku bei Bedarf tauschen. ich mache dies bei Bedarf bei starker Regenfahrt, um Probleme beim Laden zu vermeiden.

Aber der für mich grösste Vorteil bei diesem Gerät; der Bildschirm lässt sich tatsächlich sehr gut mit Handschuhen bedienen. Somit gehen auch mal Kleinigkeiten während der Fahrt, wie z.b. nächsten Wegpunkt überspringen.

1 Like