Use of different routing services within one route

Is there interest for using different routing services within one route?

Some parts of route calculated with Kurviger and some parts of route calculated with BRouter profiles.

1 Like

Origin of the discussion:

I think the app already offers so many options that it is getting harder and harder
configure it correctly.
A “switch” may help to ignore blocked roads.

1 Like

Use of different routing services within one route already works in offline rerouting:

Trouble with Brouter (and other) is not providing manual designed straight line connections.
So the Locus “in app” planner has manual routing mode between consecutive *Shape points.
Draw manually
Manual design so not necessarily have to be just one straightforward single line .
You can make it as crooked as you want, just do not expect auto-generated turn commands.
Manual until you do select another routing profile. Robin is correct, a profile change indeed can occur on the Shape points too…I had a double check. Usage is very rarely, but anyway offers “escape out” of a problematic area. The advantage: Combines with any on- or offline router.

• To know:
    Locus shape points are lost after the planner phase so are never (strict) navigation targets.
    Via Points without a name (can have cmt) are TTS discrete (muted) points.

Combining routing providers in a single design ? I agree with hampic_hamburg.
That is no KISS anymore. Probably is only attractive for “nerds”

1 Like

But such a switch applies to the entire route - I would rather be able to draw a point-to-point line (without navigation, just as a “route missed” part) where I think it makes sense.
Different routing services would complicate things, I think.

That will be implemented with the following features:
(one of the profiles can be the straight line)

Hallo Wolfgang. Anyway be carefull, you have to make sure that it somewhat corresponds with what you will actually be driving, to avoid generating an out of track(route) alert.

yes absolutely, nice idea, but also a mix of Kurviger routing options would be great, for example section 1 quickest route, section 2 curvy route, section 3 extra curvy route, section …

1 Like

Nevertheless, the proposal further tested by combining Kurviger and offline B-router test drives.
In the end it does not seem very attractive, it all becomes quite complex and the results sometimes confusing. It is comparable to a marriage. Cheating and having it both ways may be adventurous, but the difficulties that come your way quickly spoil the fun. In the end, you will probably have to choose anyway. No experience with it, is only hearsay :wink:

1 Like

Hallo,

aus meiner Sicht wäre es doch am besten, wenn die App immer mit dem Kurviger-Algorithmus arbeitet. Mit B-Router hatte ich im Offline-Routen noch keine guten Ergebnisse. Selbst einfache Strecken wollten mir nicht gelingen. Und unterwegs die Route schnell mal offline an die örtlichen Begebenheiten anzupassen, endete bei mir meist in ein Desaster. Ich gehe davon aus, dass der Fehler auch mit bei mir liegt. Doch ich finde es am besten, wenn die APP (Online/Offline) und die Webseite beim Routen immer zum gleichen Ergebnis kommen. Ich bitte nur darum, in der App nicht so viele Optionen wie auf der Website.
Das einfachste ist doch, ich setzte meine Routenpunkte da, wo ich lang will.
Mal ein Offroad-Beispiel: von Web-Seite / Route in Kroatien
Zuerst wird der Anfangspunkt und die wichtigsten Zwischenziele definiert, da ist die Option Route erweitern genial. :slight_smile: Nun wird die Route angepasst. Und wenn ich da nicht lang darf, aber will, ist das doch mein Problem. Wird ja so ähnlich auch in den Nutzungsbedingungen geschrieben.

grafik

jetzt einfach 2 zusätzlich Wegpunkte und fertig.

grafik

Mit Autobahnen mache ich das genau so, bei Fähren klappt es wieder nicht.
Vielleicht geht es mit verschieden Wegpunkten, die nur eine bestimmte Art von StraĂźen zulassen. Ich weiĂź aber nicht, ob ich verschiedene Wegpunkte so definieren kann.

Nun mal ein Beispiel mit B-Router und App:

Nun Shaping Punkt 3 entfernt:

Was haltet Ihr davon?

Viele GrĂĽĂźe
Basti

Kurviger is an online routing calculated on the server.
You can use that service, if there is available internet.

BRouter is an offline routing and can be used by those who need it.
BRouter profiles can be customized by the user in any way possible.