The routing files in my Garmin Zumo 660

Hello,
what is the different between route and overlay.
I found a “temp.gpx” file on my Garmin Zumo 660 in the directory “gpx”. I found also there the file “current.gpx”. I opened this gpx files in kurviger and saw the marks route and overlay.

I want to save a lot of routes in gpx from kurviger in my navi. May I delete the files temp.gpx and current.gpx in my Garmin? What will save in this files?

Can I also delete the files on my memory card in my Garmin? What is the name for that in Garmin’s file directory? I need space for all new files/routes.

Thanks for your help!!
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

• Overlay is a view on the map, how the imported track originally looked.
  • Route is what Kurviger has calculated. Turn by turn instructions are derived from the route.

See also
Fragen zum GPX-Import
and the documentation

Manfred

2 Likes

Hi,

there is an excellent collection (PDF) of hints and tips for the Zumo 660 in http://www.naviuser.at/forum/showthread.php?t=2979.
You can find there the purpose of several files and also hints to free memory space.
I recommend to delete the 3D map and the junction view.

Regards

Markus

2 Likes

Files in the Garmin GPX folder of the appliance, Archive, Current and Temp you can delete

They are automatically recreated after disconnecting the appliance

Archive = Track logs above the number of 10,000 points are stored here

Current = The routes in ’ custom routes ’

Temp = library on the appliance (660 max. 20 routes)

Tracks/routes on the SD card in the mapGarmin/GPX, this can be more than100 and can be removed in both explorer and Basecamp

1 Like