The route calculation seems to take very long

About a month or so ago I planned a route from Boston, MA to Key Biscayne FL. Unfortunately I didn’t save it but I started the route by entering those two points. I was able to generate routes using all four routing options, from fastest to extra curvy. Now I’m getting a timeout for all routing options except fastest which states:
“The route calculation seems to take very long. You can try resolving this by moving your waypoints, adding a waypoint between your current waypoints or using a different route profile.”

When I add a waypoint I then get the timeout almost every time, even for the fastest option. Adding additional waypoints didn’t seem to help.
I was hoping to start with a curvy route and add waypoints to create the route. Even using fastest this still isn’t working reliably.

Hallo, ist das https://kurv.gr/YGAwz ungefähr die Route? Ich habe mir wie folgt beholfen, zuerst die Option “Schnell & Kurvig”, danach bei ca. 500 km WP1 gesetzt und dann die Option “Kurvig”. 2000 bis 3000 km ist schon extrem viel, da ist es besser Teilabschnitte zu planen.

Hello, is https://kurv.gr/YGAwz approximately the route? I have helped myself as follows, first the option “Fast & Curvy”, then at about 500 km SS1 and then the option “Curvy”. 2000 to 3000 km is already extremely much, so it is better to plan sections.

2 Likes

That might be the route, that’s part of the problem. Switching between the different routing options changes the route significantly. I wanted to start with Curvy and then adjust from there. This worked before but I didn’t save the route. Maybe I just got lucky last time. I have found that the placement of a single waypoint will sometimes allow the route to calculate but move the waypoint a bit and it will fail.

When I’m travelling a great distance, I generally I like to get the general route and from there I adjust it from there. I find that it gives me a good balance between an interesting route and one that is still reasonable in length.

Das könnte die Route sein, das ist ein Teil des Problems. Durch das Umschalten zwischen den verschiedenen Routing-Optionen wird die Route erheblich geändert. Ich wollte mit Curvy beginnen und mich dann von dort aus anpassen. Das hat vorher funktioniert, aber ich habe die Route nicht gespeichert. Vielleicht hatte ich letztes Mal Glück. Ich habe festgestellt, dass die Platzierung eines einzelnen Wegpunkts manchmal die Berechnung der Route ermöglicht, den Wegpunkt jedoch ein wenig verschiebt und fehlschlägt.

Wenn ich eine große Strecke zurücklege, mag ich es im Allgemeinen, die allgemeine Route zu erhalten, und von dort aus passe ich sie von dort aus an. Ich finde, dass es mir eine gute Balance zwischen einer interessanten Route und einer Route gibt, deren Länge noch angemessen ist.

We are currently looking at slightly increasing the timeout values. For long routes it might be possible that a route can be calculated for a few weeks and at some point it’s not possible anymore. This is usually because something in OSM changed. So it might be that a month ago the road data was different.

2 Likes