The route calculation seems to take very long. You can try resolving this by moving your waypoints, adding a waypoint between your current waypoints or using a different route profile

I have a route from Belgium to Romania (by the sea) with a nice stretch in the Fagarasan mountains. Kurviger was once able to calculate such route. It is not possible anymore.
I can share the route if there is a need.
What can I do to still plan such long trips?

As you already mentioned in the title of your post:

“You can try resolving this by moving your waypoints, adding a waypoint between your current waypoints or using a different route profile”

Very long routes (>1000km) without waypoints might not be possible to calculate. We are constantly optimising our routing, but the OSM data is also constantly growing, so if Kurviger was just barely able to calculate this route some time ago, it might not be possible anymore. Adding a waypoint should already fix this issue. You can also share your route, that doesn’t hurt :slight_smile:

I have waypoints… but perhaps not enough in the first part indeed.
I did not know about the significant increase of the “map-data”; that would indeed explain it …

BTW: this route works just fine for me :slight_smile:. It’s long, so it might happen sometimes that the server times out.

That said, you could try to disable some of the routing options, especially “avoid using the same road twice”. This just requires computation power but brings no benefit for this route (as it’s a oneway route). The more avoidances you have, the longer the route calculation will take and the more likely is a timeout.

Never thought of it that way but yes indeed.
It does not “calculate” it, but rather shows the one I had calculated before storing it in the cloud.
If you do any modification and hit the calculate button, it fails.

Btw, I really recomend the center (more detailed) bit with or without a motorbike, amazing and winding sights !

1 Like

This helps with one more point in the first section AND with default options

1 Like