The online maps load too slowly when planning

I just checked it again - I used all your informations - only with firefox I stayed ;-). And lo and behold: “Kurviger Liberty” map loads as fast as before. I haven’t changed anything else in the hard- or software. So I do not know what you did :-), but thanks for that :-). If the problem occurs again I’ll be happy to contact you here again in the forum. - to everyone in this forum: happy new year and accident-free driving :crossed_fingers: :+1: :call_me_hand:

Thanks for reporting back. Please let me know if this happens again :+1:

gelöst, wer lesen kann…
Ich stelle seit heute das gleiche Verhalten auf der Webseite fest. Habe bei meinem Bedienverhalten nichts geändert, Karte von kurviger kleine Runde, keine 150km, 4 Wegpunkte. Der rechnet sich zu Tode…

Wie hier irgendwo beschrieben: Ausloggen, Cookies löschen, läuft wie erwartet.
Obwohl mich das warum ich immer diesen Löschkram machen muss schon ärgert…

solved:
delete all the super duper kurviger.de (curvy :smile: ) cookies…

Also mich interessiert das tatsächlich auch. Vielleicht kannst du ja bei der Lösung des Problems mithelfen. Verwendest du auch Firefox? Was genau hast du denn genau gelöscht? Nur die Cookies?

Also ist das Problem nur bei der Routenberechnung und nicht bei der Karte bei dir aufgetreten?

Hi boldtrn, I now use Firefox ‘private window’ while planning with Kurviger.de. Here Firefox deletes the entered search terms and visited websites automaticly after closing the browser. So I don’t have to clear the browser cache myself. The last 25h :wink: everything’s ok loading the maps. Best Mario.K

Thanks for the feedback. Kurviger should work without having to use private windows, manual cache clearing, etc. - so if this happens we should really check why. I mostly use Chrome but test regularly with Firefox and haven’t seen any issues so far, so it would be interesting when and how this issue appears.

Only using firefox under linux on two devices. The problem appears viewing all the maps and calculating a trip…
After deleting the cookies all works like expected.

So this also happens when you are not using Kurviger Liberty or Kurviger OSM?

Does it happen on all zoom levels, or do you need to zoom in at least to a certain degree?

How did you exactly delete the cookies?

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 10.02.25

Did you check both boxes? Or did you use a different way to clear cookies?

Hello,
i have the same problem as most others here.
Kurviger Tourer is since about 3 month very slowly when updating the map.
I used firefox version 100…108 64bit on Win10
tried all map-types, there is no difference.
no change when deleting cookies and cache,
I don’t have to calculate the track, only changing the zoomlevel freezes the screen for minutes.
my internet-coennection is fast, i use standard hd-resolution, google maps updates the same map with no visible delay.

Ah, I think I might have an idea, is it possible that all of you are using the “Strict Browser Privacy”?

With this setting enabled, I can see cases where the Kurviger website becomes slow sometimes. It’s a bit weird, it is not really reproducible, so not always enabling this mode leads to issue, but it seems that in some situations, the strict mode or the custom mode with strict settings can lead to this behaviour.

Right now my recommendation would be to:

• Disable this setting or reduce the strictness (or maybe it’s possible to add an exception for Kurviger). As you can see in the screenshot, Firefox is noting that this setting can lead to unexpected behaviour.
  • In my tests, using incognito mode / private browsing does not show this issue. So if you are concerned about your privacy and cookies, you could try this.
  • Use a Chromium based browser for Kurviger.

I am not 100% sure why Firefox behaves like this, I have a few ideas, but I haven’t found the culprit. That it’s not super reproducible does not help either.

today i tried Kurviger with Edge, its 100 times faster than in firefox on the same pc ???
Browser Privacy in firefox is set to standard.

I don’t like Edge, but now i have a workaround and can use Kurviger furthermore.
problem solved :slightly_smiling_face:

Since ~2020 Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium.
You can try any other Chromium based browser like e.g. Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, or Google Chrome

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this. Maybe it’s related to some plugin that is active in Firefox? Do you have any plugins enabled?

now i have all plugins disabled, but no difference, still so slow.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, OK then we will have to continue search for the reason why Firefox is sometimes behaving slow :frowning:.

[EN] I think I have found an issue with the route calculated by Kurviger
[DE] Ich glaube ich habe einen Fehler bei der Routenberechnung von Kurviger gefunden

I’m a long time user with kurviger pro app. Now I decided to switch to the kurviger tourer version, but I found the website not really usable. Even I have a 1 Gigabit/s internet connection I can’t really create routes as the website is totaly slow. Sometimes it need several minutes to reload when you have changed a shaping point or just to move the map a little bit! Why isn’t it possible to load the map for e.g. hole country?

[EN] I read the corresponding documentation
[DE] Ich habe die entsprechende Documentation dazu gelesen

[EN] Here is a url to a short example (<10km) that shows the issue:
[DE] Hier ist ein Link zu einer kurzen Route (<10km) die das Problem zeigt:
[INSERT URL/LINK EINFÜGEN]

[EN] Description of the issue and how it should work instead:
[DE] Beschreibung des Problems und wie es anstatt dessen funktionieren sollte:
[INSERT DESCRIPTION/BESCHREIBUNG EINFÜGEN]

Is a problem in Firefox. Use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome Browser temporarily, much better performance.

[Describe your problem, please try to provide as much information as possible]

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/109.0
Cookies Enabled: true

I moved your question. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with Firefox right now. Please see the thread above.

A post was split to a new topic: Bug: Issue when saving a Route in the Kurviger Cloud