Swabian Jura Side Roads - Schwäbische Alb Nebenstrecken

I did a motorcycle tour in the Swabian Jura on the busy Easter weekend. Since the roads are extremely busy during that time I planned a route using mostly small side roads with almost no traffic. There are beautiful back roads and small villages on the Swabian Jura. You will see some nice cliffs, beautiful scenery, a lot of nature, and curves. Most of these roads are very narrow, so please take care. This is certainly not a route to ride fast. There is only one fuel station along the way in Zwiefalten. You can get food and drinks in Zwiefalten as well. Other than that, there isn’t much around.

If you like to shorten the route, just remove waypoint 3-5. The route starts close to Münsingen at the beginning of the Lauter Valley. The Lauter Valley is one of the most famous and busiest roads on the Swabian Jura, so we avoid the Lauter Valley. If you are interested in the Lauter Valley, have a look at this route report: From Neckartal to the Großes Lautertal, Schwäbische Alb

Am Osterwochenende habe ich eine kleine Motorradtour über die schwäbische Alb gemacht. Da die Straßen über Ostern extrem voll waren, habe ich mich hauptsächlich auf kleine Nebenstraßen mit wenig Verkehr beschränkt. Auf der Route liegen wunderschöne Nebenstrecken und kleine Dörfer. Es gibt ein paar schöne Steinformationen, Landschaften, viel Natur und natürlich Kurven entlang der Route. Die meisten Straßen sind sehr schmal, passt also auf. Das ist auf jeden Fall keine Route zum schnell Fahren. Es gibt quasi nur eine Tankstelle entlang der Route, diese ist in Zwiefalten. In Zwiefalten gibt es auch etwas zum Essen und Trinken. Ansonsten gibt es auf der Route nicht viele Möglichkeiten zum Einkehren.

Wenn dir die Route so zu lang ist, dann entferne einfach Wegpunkt 3-5. Die Route startet in der Nähe von Münsingen am Anfang des Lautertals. Das Lautertal ist einer der bekanntesten aber auch meist befahrensten Straßen auf der Alb - deshalb umfahren wir das Lautertal. Falls du durchs Lautertal willst, dann schau mal in diesen Routenbericht: From Neckartal to the Großes Lautertal, Schwäbische Alb

Distance: 130km
Duration: 2-3h
Roads: Very narrow side roads
Link: Kurviger

SchwäbischeAlbNebenstrecken.kurviger (15.9 KB)
SchwäbischeAlbNebenstrecken.gpx (235.6 KB)

6 Likes

How on earth do you have so much time / chill to stop for pictures that often?! :sweat_smile:
THIRTEEN stops on a 130km tour?
P.S. something seems off with your marker 4 in the link. I don’t think you turned around right there in that corner, right?

Usually, I would never take that many pictures, but somehow I was in the mood. So I figured, I have to write a report about it since I have taken so many pictures.

Yes, you would turn around 200 m further down the road. With the Kurviger App and disabled rerouting your flexible enough to turn around at a later point and just continue riding :slight_smile:. Therefore, I usually don’t pay that much attention to these details :wink: