Statt shaping points nur via points berechnen

[DE] Ich würde es bevorzugen, wenn die Differenz zum vorherigen und zum nächsten Wegepunkt angegeben würden. Vielleicht wahlweise zum nächsten Punkt generell (shadowpoint oder waypoint) oder nur zwischen Wegepunkten. Weil die shadowpoints bei mir wirklich nur Ziehpunkte sind, um den Routenverlauf festzulegen.

[EN] I would prefer the difference to the previous and the next waypoint to be indicated. Maybe optionally to the next point in general (shadowpoint or waypoint) or only between waypoints. Because the shadowpoints are really only waypoints for me to define the route.

3 Likes

You probably mean via points instead of shaping points.

Waypoints = [Start point + Via points + Shaping points + End point]:

[DE] Entschuldige bitte meine Begriffswahl. “Zwischenziel” = Wegepunkt = via-Punkte. Mein Vorschlag ist also, die shaping points bei der Berechnung und Anzeige (wahlweise) wegzulassen und nur die via-points zu nehmen.

[EN] Please excuse my choice of terms. “Zwischenziel” = waypoint = via-points. My suggestion is to omit the shaping points from the calculation and display (optional) and only take the via-points.

I agree with Georg.
It’s only intresting from one Via Point to the Next.
Shaping Points only for getting the Rout where i Want.
Via-Points are for the next wanted Stop. And then its necessary to know the distance or the Time between them.
Best regards
Gerhard

1 Like

I added that in Kurviger 2.2.19 (Beta) at info bubbles and waypoints list.

(works like website)

Thanks for the hint. The reason why it shows the shaping points is:

• So you can quickly go from one point to the next point to check if they are placed correctly
  • Since you can define routing profiles between any points, you need to be able to define the routing profile between shaping points.

Changing this would make the other two things complicated. So I am not sure we should do this?

5 Likes

Good point. :+1:

Or we could complicate it further with 3 info: :confused:

• Distance / time to previous / next waypoint (via or shaping)
  • Distance / time to previous / next via point
  • Distance / time to start / end
1 Like

[DE] Darum geht es aber nicht. Die Routing-Profile zwischen den Punkten werden von der Anzeige nicht beeinflusst. Es geht ja nur darum, dass die Differenz in Entfernung und Dauer zwischen den benachbarten via-Punkten angezeigt werden soll, shaping-Punkte sollen nicht berücksichtigt werden.

[EN] But that is not the point. The routing profiles between the points are not influenced by the display. It is only about displaying the difference in distance and duration between the neighbouring via points, shaping points should not be taken into account.

1 Like

[DE] Es würde schon ein einzelner Schalter reichen: Anzeige mit oder ohne shaping-Punkte.
[EN] A single switch would be enough: Display with or without shaping points.

1 Like

Would also highly appreciate if such functionality could be realized :slight_smile:

If you look at the image, the distance is shown between the via (12) and the shaping points (11/13).

I will see if/how this can be modified, maybe with limited functionality.

Um den Vorschlag vom EMUX aufzugreifen, könnte es vielleicht so ausschauen:
2022-05-31 16_50_34-STOA-NAMLOS-HAHNTENNJOCH _ Kurviger

Erste Zeile: Entfernung/Zeit zum vorherigen/nächsten Wegpunkt (egal ob Shaping- oder Via-Point)
Zweite Zeile: Entfernung/Zeit zum vorherigen/nächsten Via-Point
Wobei, wie in diesem Beispiel die Zahlen identisch sein können …
Das Routing Profile kann natürlich nur zwischen den unmittelbaren Wegpunkten geändert werden!

To pick up on EMUX’s suggestion, perhaps it could look like this:
2022-05-31 16_50_34-STOA-NAMLOS-HAHNTENNJOCH _ Kurviger

First line: Distance/time to previous/next waypoint (whether shaping or via point).
Second line: Distance/time to previous/next via point.
Where as in this example the numbers can be identical …
The routing profile can of course only be changed between the immediate waypoints!

1 Like

or so:
and if you click on “Via points only”, then

1 Like

My suggestion was to show that will be unnecessarily complicated.

At least for the app, we can have distance / time to next / previous
waypoint (via + shaping) OR via point. Select one implementation.

App implementation can be discussed in its topic:

1 Like

I would prefer to make it easy and show only the information from/to the via point, I don’t know if it is necessary to have the shaping information.

Thanks !

4 Likes

Yes, that would be one of the ideas I had as well.

As in this case you can’t change the routing profile per segment anymore.

A different idea would be to show the via points instead of the start/end, that way you don’t lose the ability to change routing profiles per segment.

Honestly I never used this function - I usually plan my route prior I start. In worst case (e. g. bad weather) I would do a replanning on the fastest way to my destination, but I never played around with different routing profiles during a ride. But maybe I am the only one who uses the planning capabilities in such a straight way and other users are keen on the routing profile switch.

Ideally would be IMHO to keep the routing profile switch capability solely between the shaping points and show the distance between each via point.

Please note, this feature is used for preplanning as well. If you haven’t used it yet, give it a try, it is a super helpful feature :slight_smile:.

This would be really inconsistent and counter intuitive :wink: - Let’s see what we can find, but I would like to avoid too much complexity here.

[DE] Was nützt es mir, wenn ich zwar einen Abschnitt von “kurvige Route” auf “schnelle und kurvige Route” umstellen kann, aber die Eigenschaft “Vermeide Hauptstraßen” und/oder "Vermeide Schnellstraßen " in diesem Abschnitt nicht deaktivieren kann? Aber diese Diskussion wurde bereits an anderer Stelle geführt und ehrlich gesagt, da fällt mir auch keine gute und einfache Lösung ein.
Aber das ist ja hier auch nicht das Thema.

[EN] What good is it if I can change a section from “curvy route” to “fast and curvy route” but I can’t deactivate the “avoid mainroads” and/or “avoid mortorways” feature in this section? But this discussion has already been held elsewhere and, to be honest, I can’t think of a good and simple solution either. But that is not the topic here.

@Maxx18 ,

in der Tat, da kann der geneigte User die eigentlich geniale Funktion mit den Voreinstellungen (z. B. vermeide Hauptstraßen aber plane die schnellste Route) komplett blockieren bzw. der Algorithmus hat dann Spaß aus diesen Vorgaben eine Route zu zaubern.

@boldtrn ,

mir ist mittlerweile auch klar, was Du meinst (manchmal brauche ich ein bisschen länger, bin Ü50, da kann das schonmal vorkommen :grin:). Generell nutze ich seit kurzem die Shaping Points nur für den Verlauf der Route und würde auch nur für diese die Routenprofile benötigen. Die Via Points setze ich nur an Stellen, die ich auch anfahren möchte (Tanke, Restaurant, Pausenplatz). Somit sind für mich nur die Entfernungen vom Start bzw. von der aktuellen Position zum jeweiligen Via Point bzw. zum Ziel interessant - das gilt sowohl für die Planung als auch für die Navigation.

Vorschlag: Nur die Shaping Points für die Routenplanung und Routenberechnung verwenden. Die Via Points nur zur Anzeige der Entfernung verwenden, dann hätte man eine klare Trennung. Man müßte das nur deutlich in die Anleitung reinschreiben. Hätte natürlich den Nachteil, daß bereits geplante Routen komplett überarbeitet werden müßten.