Speed camera integration

Hi

Is there any way of adding speed camara positions into kurviger pro?

1 Like

This has been discussed in the old forum

Conclusion:

• it is illegal in many countries
  • don’t overload Kurviger with features, which specialized apps like “blitzer.de” can do better.

Manfred

3 Likes

In general it is also possible to add any kind of GPX points to the app.

Does the app show speed radars ?

I moved you question to a topic where this has been discussed, previously. The short answer is no, this is currently not included.

OK, thanks

Thank you. I ask if after two years kurviger reports speed cameras.
this is an essential element in deciding whether to buy it

Sorry this is forbidden by law in Germany.
But we all use an extra APP for this :wink:

But not in Italy. Kurviger is an international app (see the competition that places speed cameras in countries where it is not illegal)

But it is easier to use a Spezialist APP in background.
Kurviger should be the best in class planning and navigating App.
My point is: Do not wasting time for something other can do better :wink:
What kind of Radar App is the best choice in Italy ?
I am asking for a friend :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I believe I have found a workable solution for getting speed camera alerts: Run Waze at the same time as Kurviger.

Note that Waze does not show speed camera alerts in all countries, depending on the local laws. If it doesn’t for your country, then you are out of luck, sorry. Otherwise, here are a few notes on getting it to work properly:

• Use the split screen feature of Android to run Kurviger and Waze on the screen at the same time. Make Waze small so that it doesn’t take up too much space.
  • You don’t need to set a destination in Waze. You can just run it.
  • I don’t think Waze will run in the background unless it is navigating to a destination. I tried setting the Waze app to have unrestricted battery usage, but that didn’t help. Waze also seems to close itself if it is running in the background and not navigating to a destination.
  • There is an annoying “feature” with Waze where you won’t get an audible warning for a fixed speed camera unless you are actually speeding.
  • In the Speedometer settings in Waze, make sure Speeding threshold is set to At speed limit. That threshold seems to be used for determining your speeding status for the annoying feature above.
  • I read on some forum that some fixed speed cameras in the Waze database have a speed value, and some don’t. For the ones that don’t, you will get an audible warning no matter if you are speeding or not.
  • To hear audible warnings, you will need some kind of Bluetooth headset. You can use a comms system such as Cardo or Sena, of course, or if like me you don’t care about comms (or don’t want to spend the money), you can just get a plain bluetooth helmet headset with no comms. I got a JZAQ brand one from Amazon for $29 USD. I got the latest one with the 9mm thick speakers. It is an amazing piece of technology for the price. (I am not affiliated with them. I just like the product.)
2 Likes

noi in Italia abbiamo un sito dove mettere tutti gli autovelox, visto che è legale usare programmi che notificano gli autovelox
in Italy we have a site where we can put all the speed cameras, given that it is legal to use programs that notify speed cameras

can i link the site?

1 Like

Sure, feel free to add a link :+1:

https://www.poigps.com/

Ty

Get Radarbot. You won’t regret it. Trial is for free and unlimited. I ended up paying for it. One stopped ticket pays for 5 years Radarbot.