Show the route on the map

On motoplaner there was a useful facility to show the route as a line on the map, but I can’t see a way to do this on kurviger? I create a route and all I can see is a series of waypoints.

Could this be connected with the fact that my planned route covers two continents (Europe and Asia)? Obviously these are joined by road so I think the app must allow for this.

My main question, however, is how to show the routing line on the map. Thanks!

Indeed see FAQ

Doesn’t it look like this? (the blue line)
https://forum.kurviger.de/uploads/default/original/1X/4fd327ec5a2607c256263afbdda8017d83ec3ca0.png
Do you have some script blocker (like noscript) active in your browser?

Manfred

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I have no blue line, just a series of waypoints. If you plot a route from (say) Berlin to Novosibirsk, you only see the waypoints. If you go Berlin-Kyiv, you see the route line. I see this as a bug because many travellers will want to use Kurviger to plan long trips. I hope you can find a solution!

Right now it’s not possible to route over different continents. It should be noted that this is not a bug, it’s a limitation, which usually makes sense. For example the border crossing to Russia is not straight forward, it might take several hours and a lot of paperwork. One should plan in ahead which border to pick, so you could plan two routes, one from Berlin, to the Russian border, and one from the Russian border (on the Russian side) to Novosibirsk. Other continent crossing require to book a ferry. The only exception I can think of right now is the crossing in Istanbul, but there we also use the Turkish border (instead of the Bosporus).

Also see our documentation.