Search, Map language

Hello, my name is Stefan, I live in Thailand and have now driven about 8000 km with a kurviger pro app.
I am thrilled with the app, so that I have now been able to convince 5 other friends to buy the pro version.
It doesn’t make sense for me to list what I think is great about this app.
Nevertheless, there are some things that I don’t like so much, but maybe it is also because errors into my settings.
So there is the search function at kurviger to mention. With Googlemap I am used to finding the smallest places, every museum, every viewpoint or every restaurant is found, unfortunately this is not the case at all with Kurviger. Larger cities in particular are recognized as a destination or start.
Is that due to my settings or is it just so with Kurviger?
Another drawback is that the city names are only written in Thai in the map, no problem for me, but most of my friends here in Thailand cannot read Thai.
Again the question, is it because of my settings or is this just so with Kurviger?

Have a nice day and I hope you can help me a littlebit with my questions (the search function here in the forum did not find …)
Stefan

Hallo ich bin der Stefan, lebe in Thailand und bin jetzt etwa 8000 km mit kurviger gefahren.
Ich bin begeistert von der app, so das ich inzwischen 5 weitere Freunde davon überzeugen konnte, sich die pro Version zu kaufen.
Es macht jetzt für mich keinen Sinn aufzuzählen, was ich alles klasse an dieser App finde.
Trotzdem gibt es einige Dinge die mir nicht so gefallen, vielleicht liegt es aber auch daran, das sich bei meinen Einstellungen Fehler eingeschlichen haben.
Also da wäre mal die Suchfunktion bei kurviger zu erwähnen. Bei Googlemap bin ich es so gewohnt kleinste Orte zu finden, jedes Museum, jeder Viewpoint oder jedes Restaurant wird gefunden, dies ist leider bei kurviger überhaupt nicht der Fall. Gerade mal größere Städte werden als Ziel oder Start erkannt.
Liegt das an meinen Einstellungen oder ist dies einfachmal so bei kurviger?
Ein weiteres Manko ist das die Städtenamen, nur in thailändischer Schrift auf der map festgehalten sind, für mich kein Problem, aber die meisten meiner Freunde, hier in Thailand können nicht Thai lesen.
Wieder die Frage, liegt das an meinen Einstellungen oder ist dies einfachmal so bei kurviger?

Einen schönen Tag noch und ich hoffe ihr könnt mir mit meinen Fragen ein wenig weiterhelfen ( die Suchfunktion hier im Forum, hatte nicht gefunden…)
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the kind words. :slightly_smiling_face:

Different map languages are supported in the offline maps.
(available for the map data that OpenStreetMap community has translated)

Load an offline map and select its language via menu “Map | Map language”.

The search should be similar in app and website.
Can you post some example for what you mean?

1 Like

Hi Stefan,
It’s the big overarching theme here, kurviger relies on OSM data, both for search and map quality. That’s User-generated data not backed by a billion dollar company - which has advantages and disadvantages…

Look around the forum a bit if you like, there are lots of posts already about how you can help improve the OSM data :slight_smile: and maybe you want to check out this discussion we had on search before: Search often finds far away places over near ones

1 Like

Thank you very much with your help I was able to change the map language

1 Like

Thanks a lot i already found a solution