Samsung Text-to-Speech: funny navigation instructions in the APP ;-)

ich bin gestern mit Navigation gefahren und da ist mir bei den Sprachansagen das erste mal aufgefallen, das mir meine kurviger2 App, nicht sagt “in 2 Kilometer links abbiegen” oder in “300 Meter rechts abbiegen”, sondern "in 2km links abbiegen und auch in 300m rechts abbiegen.

das finde ich komisch und weiß nicht, ob ich mich daran gewöhnen könnte.

ist das bei euch auch so, oder habe ich etwas falsch eingestellt, oder besteht die Möglichkeit dies in der APP mit einem der nächsten Updates anzupassen?

I drove yesterday with navigation and there I noticed for the first time in the voice prompts that my kurviger2 app, does not tell me “in 2 kilometers turn left” or in “300 meters turn right”, but "in 2km turn left and also in 300m turn right.

i find this strange and don’t know if i could get used to it.

is it the same for you, or have I set something wrong, or is there a possibility to adjust this in the APP with one of the next updates?

Ja ist bei mir genau so. Man gewöhnt sich daran :slight_smile: war auch schon in der kurviger Pro so :slight_smile:

This is voice guidance also of the next closely following direction change.

And it works like that in Kurviger 1 Pro all this time.

You can change it in Kurviger 2 in “Settings | Voice guidance | Two commands at once”.

Die erweiterte Navigationsansage finde ich nicht “funny” sondern sehr nützlich. Dadurch werden Anweisungen vorgezogen, die aufgrund der Kürze der Distanz keine Vorankündigung hätten.
Im Übrigen heißt es nicht “auch”

sondern “dann” im Text. Hier ein Beispiel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBX0cDkpQAU
Okay - Leute die Überraschungen lieben können das ja nun im kurvigerABO unterdrücken, worüber ich den Kopf schütteln würde.

The extended navigation announcement I do not find “funny” but very useful. This brings forward instructions that would not have an advance announcement due to the shortness of the distance.
By the way, it does not say “also”

but “then” in the text. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBX0cDkpQAU
Okay - people who love surprises can now suppress that in kurvigerABO, which I would shake my head at.

1 Like

Ich glaube, ich habe mein Problem nicht richtig ausgedrückt.

die erweiterten Anweisungen sind bei mir aktiviert und funktionieren auch einwandfrei.

bei mir werden die Worte Kilometer und Meter nicht ausgesprochen, wie in deinem Video, sondern ich bekomme als ansage nur “in 300 m links abbiegen” nicht “in 300 METER links abbiegen.”

Das gleiche auch bei Kilometer, nur 2 KM und nicht 2 Kilometer. Ich habe keine Einstellung gefunden, in der ich dies ändern könnte.

Ich hoffe, ihr versteht jetzt was ich meine.

I don’t think I have expressed my problem correctly.

The advanced instructions are activated for me and also work properly.

the words kilometers and meters are not pronounced as in your video, but I get as an announcement only “turn left in 300 m” not “turn left in 300 METERS.”

The same also with kilometer, only 2 KM and not 2 kilometers. I have not found a setting where I could change this.

I hope you now understand what I mean.

What device do you use and with what text-to-speech engine?

You need to install and activate a good text-to-speech engine
that can speak correctly the units.

Like Google Text-to-Speech:

Es war ganz komisch, ich habe ein Samsung Xcover4 und die Samsung Speech Engine ist vorinstalliert, ebenso die Google Text2Speech, aber ich konnte sie nicht aktivieren.

Erst nachdem ich das Google Keyboard installiert und aktiviert hatte, konnte die Google Engine Text2Speech aktiviert werden (sehr komisch).

Aber nun hört sich alles genauso an wie es sein soll.
Danke für den schnellen Support, macht weiter so.

It was quite funny, I have a Samsung Xcover4 and the Samsung Speech Engine is preinstalled, as well as the Google Text2Speech, but I could not activate it.

Only after I installed and activated the Google Keyboard, the Google Engine Text2Speech could be activated (very strange).

But now everything sounds exactly as it should.
Thanks for the quick support, keep up the good work. :hugs: :+1:

3 Likes