[Routing] Reduce unnecessary diversions / Vermeide unnötige Schlenker

Sometimes there are cases where Kurviger is leaving the main route, just to include a short road, and then continue on the main route again. This has happened especially often in cities or in combination with the avoid main roads feature.

I am happy to announce that we were able to significantly improve this and just released a new version of the routing.

As usual, not every case is fixed, but many cases are fixed due to this change. Most good routes stayed the same, whereas most problematic routes improved. However, this change can lead to changes in existing routes.

Please let us know if you see any issues with this new version.

Manchmal gab es Fälle, bei denen Kurviger die Hauptroute verlassen hat, nur um eine kurze Strecke miteinzubeziehen, um danach wieder auf die Hauptroute zu fahren. Das passierte meist in Städten und in Kombination mit der Option Vermeide Hauptstraßen.

Ich freue mich euch mitzuteilen, dass wir gerade eine neue Version der Routenberechnung freigeschalten haben, die dieses Problem massiv verbessert.

Natürlich konnte nicht jede problematische Stelle dadurch korrigiert werden. Die meisten guten Routen sind durch diese Änderung unverändert geblieben, wohingegen die meisten problematischen Routen verbessert wurden.

Bitte lasst uns wissen falls es durch die neue Version zu Problemen kommt.

16 Likes

Hallo Boldtrn,
das sieht stark nach dem Fix aus, den ich im Dezember gemeldet habe. Danke dafür! Ich bin ab morgen wieder unterwegs und werde ausgiebig testen.
Beste Grüße!

2 Likes

Robin “Reschbeggt” - wie wir Bayern sagen … :wink:

Alle 6 Problemfälle aus meinem “Giftschrank” wurden gelöst:
All 6 problem cases from my “poison cabinet” were solved:

Good Job!

2 Likes

Same here! :smiley:
Looks like all the problems with this kind of routing which occurred now in my routes, are solved! Great fix.

1 Like

Kann ich bestätigen. Einige seltsame Schlenker in meiner Gegend sind auch verschwunden. Top.

1 Like

This one is still there

1 Like

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, I am happy that many cases could be resolved.

Yes that is correct, it was fixed for fast&curvy and curvy, but not for extra curvy. Unfortunately, not every case is fixed yet. I think there are further improvements that we can make in the future to improve more cases :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Does this fix the issue, that Kurviger uses the parallel lane on highway exits?
This happened many times at different locations repeatable and continuously.

This does improve this as well, if you see cases like that, please report it with a kurv.gr link, so I can see what can be done :slight_smile:.

1 Like

This topic is all about K3, right?

No, it is about routing.
K1, K2, K3 and Website all use the same routing algorithm.

So when you plan a route on the website you get the exact same route on the navigation-app.

3 Likes

Both of my most loved “deviations” are still there:

and

Please see route Kurviger with both deviations.
Probably the second deviation is hard to avoid, but going the main road through the city is much faster and the deviation is not really curvier.
But I hope it would be possible to avoid the first deviation, it consists only in three turns, just to get back to the original road800m later.
But thanks for avoiding other deviations.
Thorsten

1 Like

To know why this happend, it’s necessary to see your configs.
Mostly to many avoidnes is used.

share a link of the route that the programmers can analyse.

There is already a link … and no avoidances are selected.

Oh, sorry. I did not see it.

Realy intresting.
when the other road is selcted, the distance is shorter and there is no change in or outside city.

Thanks for providing these samples. Actually both of these are quite hard to catch. I will add these to our List of samples.

1 Like

Hallo!

Ich wollte gerade eine gefahrene Stecke in Kurviger nachbauen, um ein paar Infos und eine schöne Ansicht zu bekommen. Dazu hab ich eine GPX-Aufzeichnung importiert.
Übrigens: Kompliment für die sehr gute Importfunktion, die es ja schon ganz lange gibt. So schnell, wie die mehrere tausend Wegpunkte in eine Route umgesetzt werden, das kann nicht jedes Programm.
Beim Drübergehn, sehe ich eine Stelle, wo KVG von der Landstraße abbiegt, um kurz darauf wieder draufzufahren.

Ich finde nicht heraus, wo das Problem ist. Alle Vermeidungen sind aus (hoffe ich), es macht auch keinen Unterschied, ob ich da “schnellste” wähle.

Danke und Gruß: Spilles

[EN] Here is a url to a short example (<10km) that shows the issue:
[DE] Hier ist ein Link zu einer kurzen Route (<10km) die das Problem zeigt:
[INSERT URL/LINK EINFÜGEN]

Ich spekuliere (bin nicht sicher): Für die Albtalstraße ist eine Begrenzung auf 80km/h eingetragen:

Auf der Nebenstrecke ist kein Limit eingetragen → Kurviger denkt “da bin ich schneller” und wählt die Strecke selbst im Modus “Schnellste Route”

Das ist wohl noch eine der Schleifen, die der Kurviger Algorithmus selbständig reinsetzt. Ich habe gerade die gleiche Stelle geplant mit dem identischen Ergebnis. Es gab da schon eine deutliche Verbesserung von Robin, scheinbar hast Du noch einen Rest gefunden.

Bonjour, cela est normal, moi je choisi «le plus rapide», je supprime «péage, route étroite à 3, et route sans revêtement», ensuite je mets des balises pour construire moi même mon itinéraire en suivant les routes VERTES des cartes Michelin et je vérifie avec le zoom que ça correspond a mon envie sinon je rajoute une balise.