Routenberechnung im WLAN JA - bei mobilen Daten NEIN

[DE]
Hallo zusammen,

bis letztes Jahr war ich höchst zufrieden mit Kurviger und bin es prinzipiell immernoch. Eine Sache fiel mir allerdings während der ersten zwei Touren dieses Jahres auf, die mir unterwegs das Leben schwer macht:

Letztes Jahr saß ich noch ganz vergnügt in Schweden mitten im Wald und konnte die Route für den nächsten Tag zusammenbauen.
Seit dem letzten Update, welches bei mir im November letztes Jahres stattfand, kann ich offensichtlich keine Route mehr mit aktivierten mobilen Daten berechnen, sondern brauche dafür jetzt immer WLAN.
Daraufhin prüfte ich, ob sich vielleicht durch Updates in Android Berechtigungen und Ähnliches geändert haben - aber nein, es ist alles wie bisher - die App hat bei mir alle Berechtigungen, was Standort und mobile Daten anbelangt.

Die Suche einer Adresse funktioniert über mobile Daten wunderbar, aber wähle ich dann den Punkt “Setze als Ziel”, meldet Kurviger “keine Internetverbindung”, obwohl diese natürlich aktiviert ist. Jetzt könnte ich zwar den BRouter installieren, habe da aber irgendwie keine Lust drauf, Offline-Kartenmaterial doppelt auf dem Handy zu haben, denn für Kurviger habe ich diesbezüglich schon eine Menge installiert.

Kennt jemand dieses Problem und hat vielleicht eine Lösung dafür?
Im Forum und auch in der Dokumentation bin ich leider nicht fündig geworden.

Handy: Huawei P30 Lite mit Android-Version 10

[EN (translate by Google)]
Hello, everyone,

Until last year I was extremely satisfied with Kurviger and in principle I still am. However, one thing I noticed during the first two tours of this year that makes life difficult for me on the road:

Last year I was still happily sitting in the middle of the forest in Sweden and was able to put together the route for the next day.
Since the last update, which took place for me in November last year, I can obviously no longer calculate a route with activated mobile data, but now always need WLAN for this.
I then checked whether permissions and the like had changed due to updates in Android - but no, everything is as before - the app has all permissions for me in terms of location and mobile data.

Searching for an address works wonderfully via mobile data, but if I then select “Set as destination”, Kurviger reports “No internet connection”, although this is of course activated. Now I could install the BRouter, but somehow I don’t feel like having offline map material twice on my cell phone, because I’ve already installed a lot for Kurviger in this regard.

Does anyone know this problem and maybe has a solution for it?
Unfortunately, I did not find anything in the forum or in the documentation.

Mobile phone: Huawei P30 Lite with Android version 10

Thanks for the report.

How do you know that the mobile internet really works?

Have you upgraded the Android?

Huawei P30 lite had Android 9.0 (Pie) and can be upgraded to Android 10:

1 Like

Mich erinnert das gerade an die Problematik mit SALT.

Wenn es nicht am Gerät liegt, dann eventuell am Provider, schau dir mal dieses Thema an:

1 Like

[DE]
Ja, die Internetverbindung funktionierte einwandfrei. Auch mein Android ist auf dem neuesten Stand.

[EN]
Yes, the internet connection worked perfectly. My Android is also up to date.

1 Like

Please first check if the website works with the mobile internet.

Kurviger routing in the app uses the website server.

[DE]
Die Routenplanung über die Webseite funktioniert völlig problemlos.

[EN]
The route planning via the website works without any problems.

[DE]
Das wäre schade, denn es würde wohl alle O2-Kunden treffen.

[EN]
That would be a shame, because it would probably affect all O2 customers.

If Android was upgraded from 9 to 10,
then maybe Android or OEM changed something.

How do you verify that inside the app?

Do the online maps work?
Does the online search work?
Only the online routing has problem?

Do the online maps work?

Yes, it works.

Does the online search work?

Yes, it works too.

Only the online routing has problem?

Yes, I only have a problem with the routing.

Dann ist es nicht das gleiche Problem wie Salt :+1:

What option do you have in “Settings | Routing | Routing service”?

I tried the first two options:

1. Kurviger (online)
  2. Kurviger (online)
    BRouter (offline)

Have other users seen any problems in online routing with mobile internet?

In the last year everything went smoothly with my friends too. Unfortunately, I can’t make any statements about the time since the last update.

I ask the other users in the forum:

Online Routing is working fine here.
Provider is ALDI-Talk which basically belongs to Telefónica aka O2 in Germany.

Let’s please keep the discussion in English when it was started in English :slight_smile: thx

1 Like

Works like a charm w/o WiFi here in Sardegna.

I will see if there can be any improvements in next Kurviger 2 (Beta) update.

However, most users do not have any problems with their devices / networks,
so the results may differ.

Nevertheless, thanks for trying!

2 Likes