Route toast

Multi line problem in route overview panel in 2.2.11. Don’t know what the problem is. On the new smartphone I only have one line for the route overview panel and don’t see the complete route information distance and time any more, on my old I have 3 with all necessary information. Which setting can it be?

new smartphone

old smartphone

1 Like

These are Android toast messages handled by the operating system.
Obviously, like all text views, they have limits with large fonts.

Also the Android modifications by manufacturers do not help.

What Android and device?

Comparisons should be done tapping the same route segment.
The 2nd image shows route type, segment info, route info.
The 1st image shows route type, route info.

new smartphone is Samsung A52 5G on Android 12, old is Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Android 10. On the new one I always only see one line of this toast message, on the S9+ all three, no matter which route or segment.

Android documentation:

“Starting with Android 12 (API level 31), apps targeting Android 12 or newer will have their toasts limited to two lines.”

Very nice, so we have to limit the information and lines in the toasts…

1 Like

difficult. I find the overall km and time the most important information and specially this is missing then on Android 12.

But maybe if you put the middle dot " • " (ALT+0149) instead of carriage return line feed, maybe this is sufficient for all information?

Something like this may work:

• Route type OR Segment info
  • Route info

But the route text depending on the language can be too long.
So display only section info in 1st line, when tapping sections.

Default Android has nice unicode symbols for the arrows.
OEM modifications break them with weird colored icons…

looks good and you can leave out the word “route”. Anyone would know it is the route type.

1st single line can now have:

• Either the route type of the whole route
  • OR the segment info when tap on segments

I favour the segment info when tap on segments, because normally someone knows which route was planned. The route type is visible by color anyway.

1 Like

[DE] Man kann, während die Route aktiv ist, sich nicht mehr anzeigen lassen, welche Kurvigkeit die Route bzw. der Abschnitt hat. Das geht in der Pro-Version schon:

In der aktuellen app wird darauf verzichtet:

Ich weiß, dass ich die Routenfarben des Typs ändern kann um sie zu unterscheiden, also z.B. “Kurvige Route” in tiefblau, “Schnell und kurvig” in hellblau etc. Aber wenn diese Information nach einem kurzen Tipp auf die Strecke erscheinen würde, fände ich es auch gut. Und zwar auch dann, wenn die Route aktiv ist!!

[EN] [While the route is active, it is no longer possible to display the curvature of the route or the section. This is possible in the Pro version:

In the current app, this is omitted:

I know I can change the route colors of the type to distinguish them, so for example “Curvy Route” in deep blue, “Fast and Curvy” in light blue etc. But if this information would appear after a short tap on the route, I would also like it. And also when the route is active!!!

Android limits the toast message content / lines.
(and the old app does not have multiple profiles)

There can only be 1 info in the 1st single line, see the discussion:

Where the segment info (not otherwise available) seemed more important: