Route lost announcement disabling config

Hi.

My phone gps (huawei mate 10 pro) is not, sometimes, as precise as it should and it looses gps connection. It isn’t the general problem of battery management killing the app, which I have already solved it.

After loosing signal, it takes a couple seconds to regain it, and it might lose it some few times more until a good cnx is stabilized for a long time again. For each gps signal lost, the app announces that the route is lost.

In that case, I would like to know if there’s any configuration parameter to avoid the app from announcing specifically that. I wonder if that would be interesting for other people.

It happens to me in deep curves, with lots of trees around, cloudy weather, and certain speed. It seems to be that’s a poor gps hw or android integration within the phone, that can not keep with the signal under those circumstances but if I could just avoid that specific announcement, it wouldn’t be as much annoying while driving as it’s now.

Note. I have already tried to calibrate the compass and I have already used gpsup or gpstest apps to try to improve gps results with some but not good enough results.

Thanks anyhow.

Ps. I have searched for something like this topic in the forum and I haven’t seen it. Please, admins, it not suitable here, feel free to move or delete it, as necessary.

2 Likes

Hi Juan,

Yes I think this is a very interesting topic. I think we’ve discussed what you are asking here:

In that thread Robin confirmed that the team will look into this. So I guess we’ll have to be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you.